What's new

YourPalCeej

Student
Reaction score
did i also see on wiki that pacman battleroyale was on 2X6 or is that misinformation?

That game rules and I have access to enough 2X6 hardware to keep me busy for days :D

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
id i also see on wiki that pacman battleroyale was on 2X6 or is that misinformation?
That's incorrect. Battle Royale is on System 147: https://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=981

AFAIK the only joystick/button game on 2x6 that is not publicly available/in mame is Technic Beat
the rest of the missing games are either revisions/regional differences of already available games or games that require special hardwdare like the touch-screen games, or driving games, etc.

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
Any game that used cards needs all regions for the DVD. The cards are region locked so you can't use them on a game unless you have the matching DVD. There's other nuances as well but I digress.

Looks like it was @defor that had the missing images... ever get them uploaded anywhere?

Last edited:

rolins

Student
Reaction score
Has anyone run into problems getting Cobra the Arcade to work?

I've extracted the cbr1-ha.chd to 3 different hard drives, and the game is missing all the graphics and sound. In places where game is running its just flashes of white and black. I can access Cobra's test mode, but when i try to bring up the crosshatch and color grandient for adjustment, its just a black screen. I've double checked this on two different monitors.

I'm testing this on two working Sys256 units and its the same on both: missing graphics and sound. I even switched out the IDE cables and measured the voltages from the hard drive's input power. They're all good.

This how i'm extracting the chd to my hard drives:
chdman extracthd -i cbr1-ha.chd -o \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 -f

Do i have to use a the exact same make/model hard drive the like the original?

rolins

Student
Reaction score
Almost one year later. I finally got an original Cobra the Arcade HDD with a dongle that makes the game in english not japanese. Also works when i used Linux DD command to backup and restore on different hard drives. The Cobra CHD file in Mame 0.218 set never worked for me, probably a bad CHD file.

rolins

Student
Reaction score
I need to check the latest Mame set if they fixed it. the new version is Mame 0.229 now

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
Whatever you do, do NOT connect that HDD to a Windows PC without a write-blocker. if you do that it will cease to work.

If you need help dumping it just PM me.

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
501al0.jpg

defor

Professional
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by Rollins' English Cobra- This has been eluding me for some time now, and I hope someone can get a dump of it.

I may be mistaken (I'll have to get some stuff setup and check), but I seem to recall that the cobra CHD and the dump i did off my hdd's matched...

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a tekken 4 (USA)version d dongle, if I can, how can it be dumped? I also got version C of tekken 5.1 (USA) which has everything unlocked and the theater version of Time Crisis 3, the only difference I could find in that version of the game was no intro or attract mode and reduced bass (I’m guessing for movie theaters?)

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I got a tekken 4 (USA)version d dongle, if I can, how can it be dumped? I also got version C of tekken 5.1 (USA) which has everything unlocked and the theater version of Time Crisis 3, the only difference I could find in that version of the game was no intro or attract mode and reduced bass (I’m guessing for movie theaters?)
If @defor confirms that is undumped and as you are in NC, like @Mitsurugi-w , I think the best would be to send to him so he can dump it.

Last edited:

defor

Professional
Reaction score
we should definitely get that TC3 version-I haven't heard of that before, but great to hear of.
As far as T4 goes, yes, I do have a dump of TEF3, Ver.D (USA), but if you would be open to getting that dumped too, it wouldn't hurt to have a verification.

1614751195561.png

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should definitely get that TC3 version-I haven't heard of that before, but great to hear of.
As far as T4 goes, yes, I do have a dump of TEF3, Ver.D, but if you would be open to getting that dumped too, it wouldn't hurt to have a verification.

1614751195561.png
How about my version of tekken 5.1? I have version C and as far as I know, that version has everything unlocked. I also tested it on another system 256 to verify my theory. The only version c I see dumped is the Japanese version. I’m pretty sure most people here would like the English version.

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my extra time crisis 3 “theater version dongle”, I’m not sure how rare these are. And yes, it’s real. :)

Attachments

• 0FF4220A-D81B-4CAF-A005-4DAABE76077A.jpeg
    0FF4220A-D81B-4CAF-A005-4DAABE76077A.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 27

defor

Professional
Reaction score
tekken 5 is a bit wierd...
the COMBINATION of the discs and dongles makes the versions...
likely you actually have a ver.B2 dongle that when combined with TE52 DVD0B, you get TE53, Ver.C
If you test on TE51 DVD0, you should get the actual dongle revision IIRC (sorry it's been a while since I documented all this and I need to find my notes)
a second dump whatever you have won't hurt, regardless of what version you have!

on tekken 5, the base game, tekken 5.0 is accessible with the TE51 DVD0 disc
if the game's been upgrade to 5.1, it should have a TE51 DVD0B (Japan) or TE52 DVD0B (English support Export and USA)
to be a proper USA dump, the dongle should be region 3 (TE53, Ver. *)

if you mix and match stuff, like using a English disc on a japanese region dongle, wierd things happen.
Most of this is because in Japan, tekken.net existed, while outside of Japan, other than in some location testing, it appears not to, and as such, the English discs are more "self-contained" experiences as the Live Monitor and internet stuff doesnt exist in those regions.

1614752264348.png