What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
We're not talking about overclocking. we're talking about underclocking.

the situation is that the CPU is rated for any speed under and up to 16MHz
and we're giving a clock speed well below that limit. Why would that cause problems or anomolies?

it's like Apoc said.. if you car is rated to go up to 160Mph but you're only driving it at 80, there's no problem.

jassin000

Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
We're not talking about overclocking. we're talking about underclocking.
It was your example, I pointed out a situation where that statement wouldn't hold true... Did I not properly illustrate my point?
it's like Apoc said.. if you car is rated to go up to 160Mph but you're only driving it at 80, there's no problem.
I suppose, so lets accept thats 100% true...
I still don't understand why you'd want to buy a Aston Martin DBS Superleggera only to drive in the right-side/slow lane.:huh:

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
It was your example, I pointed out a situation where that statement wouldn't hold true... Did I not properly illustrate my point?
you didn't because you intentionally removed the context in order to make your point.

I still don't understand why you'd want to buy a Aston Martin DBS Superleggera only to drive in the right-side/slow lane
At best we're comparing a Honda Civic to a Honda Civic Type R.

And no one is suggesting someone "buy" the faster CPU, the question was if we can USE one we already have.
If the Type R is all I have in my garage and I want to go to the store without getting arrested (for speeding), my first step is not going to be to buy a slower car.

jassin000

Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I should just stop posting all together I think.
No good ever comes from it... Where's @ReplicaX at today? I'm sure he'd be delighted.

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Gentleman, I think you've made your point. It should be clear now.

Mrhide

Champion
Reaction score
No good ever comes from it... Where's @ReplicaX at today? I'm sure he'd be delighted.

That is not true. Please don't.

There are a lot more people reading then people who post... so it is good to have somebody who questions things because if you have a question or a doubt, you know a lot of other people have the same questions but are afraid to ask it.

ordered some M27C2001 so stay tuned.

ReplicaX

Professional
Reaction score
No point in tagging me for no reason. I'm not even a part of this thread. Drop it and move on. Don't take corrections as personal attacks. No one is perfect and its not worth getting worked up over.

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
no-drama-here-move-along.jpg

A

Apocalypse

@Apocalypse
Can u tease us with a picture of the multi?
Will it have a dip switch connection for external selector
I think there's a video of a prototype running somewhere. :)
The multi have header pins to connect a remote selector and best of all there are pins for ground, +5V and reset so no extra wiring is required.
@Mitsurugi-w can you tease us a bit with the latest prototype blanks? ;)

A

Apocalypse

@Apocalypse - u read my mind - awesome about the GND, +5 and reset :)
We're kind of lucky the reset signal is available from the romboard on S18 (that's not the case on S16B nor S32. On S32 you have a reset signal going to the romboard but it's derivated from the master reset signal so only affects a part of the chips, not all, and most importantly not the main CPU).