Student
Reaction score
It now just says:

Security cassette does not exist
Please insert security cassette

psychopat

Student
Reaction score
Someone told me to hold the test button while booting. it shows a message about clearing up the roms however still end up at the security cassette screen.
Is there any way to rip my own original disc and patch it so I dont need the security cartridge anymore?

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Someone told me to hold the test button while booting. it shows a message about clearing up the roms however still end up at the security cassette screen.
something seems weird regarding your dip switch. when dip 4 is ON it's supposed to skip over the internal ROMs and read from the disc, when it's off it's supposed to disregard the disc and read from the ROMs first. But it sounds like it's reading from the ROMs regardless of position.

Is there any way to rip my own original disc and patch it so I dont need the security cartridge anymore?
only if you know how to do this:
the patches are mainly nop-ing every possible error caused by the absence of cart.

avramce

Student
Reaction score
Unsure if this is off-topic, but I finally got around to buying a 573 and created a harness so I could play it on my MVS cabinet (space limitation, wife won't let me have more than one cab :P)

The System 573 came with a DVD-R with no label, and as far as I can tell, it is using DDR Extreme Pro - is this the same thing as the 12-in-1 super disc people talk about, like the Dance Maniax video in the OP?

How do I switch between mixes on this disc? Otherwise, any advice on getting MAME CHDs to run on official hardware? I assume the MAME dumps contain the no-cart patches, but attempting to convert those to a bin+cue and burn them just makes my System 573 boot loop (tried DDR5M)

Attachments

• k7ziBNrH.jpg
    k7ziBNrH.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 94

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I assume the MAME dumps contain the no-cart patches
That's an incorrect assumption. MAME dumps always strive to be 100% original an unmodified. if they are patched versions they will usually be labeled as a bootleg or hack alongside the original modified version.

The Discs have no protection so you can uses a CD-R but you DO need the correct security cart to go with it.

If you want to play games on system 573 Your options are basically:
1. Find original Security Carts for the games you want to play.
2. Convert original security carts for use on other games. I've never tried it but there is info on that here: Konami system 573 Master Calendar
3. Find patched versions of the games (somewhere outside of MAME)
4. Patch the games yourseslf