What's new
Did you ever resolve this? I just noticed my F3 throws a color ram error on Rayforce. Every other game seems to load just fine.
Having he same issue with my F3 multi. Any pointers on where to start looking, or a resolution would be great.

Having he same issue with my F3 multi. Any pointers on where to start looking, or a resolution would be great.
I'm also getting a color ram error on Puzzle Bobble 4 with a little more information:

COLOR RAM ERROR
ADDRESS 00440000H
WRITE DATA 00555555H
READ DATA 0055555DH
3-BYTE ACCESS

Anyone able to point to which chip this might be based on the address?

Found this in MAME driver:
map(0x440000, 0x447fff).ram().w(FUNC(taito_f3_state::palette_24bit_w)).share("paletteram");

Last edited:
I'm also getting a color ram error on Puzzle Bobble 4 with a little more information:

COLOR RAM ERROR
ADDRESS 00440000H
WRITE DATA 00555555H
READ DATA 0055555DH
3-BYTE ACCESS

Anyone able to point to which chip this might be based on the address?

Found this in MAME driver:
map(0x440000, 0x447fff).ram().w(FUNC(taito_f3_state::palette_24bit_w)).share("paletteram");
I get a similar error with Puzzle Bobble 4....
8FAB40AC-1EAC-496A-9136-16513F63866C.jpeg

I had an F3 motherboard once that had this behaviour. It would work with some games but throw the color ram error on rayforce. This was with original carts and not the multi. Do you have a different motherboard to test with?

I had an F3 motherboard once that had this behaviour. It would work with some games but throw the color ram error on rayforce. This was with original carts and not the multi. Do you have a different motherboard to test with?
Tested and works on a different board ok.

Any. You can just mod it to be region free by removing some plastic tabs.

You need a region free motherboard to run the multi. So grab any motherboard and just cut out the tabs as documented in the guide.

Has anyone found resolution to the Color Ram error? 2 out of 3 of my F3 boards have this issue and know some others mentioned this as well, most commonly with Rayforce.

Has anyone found resolution to the Color Ram error? 2 out of 3 of my F3 boards have this issue and know some others mentioned this as well, most commonly with Rayforce.
Still having the issue myself. Really hope to get this figured out so I can play some Rayforce. Maybe we need to put a bounty on this issue :)

Off the top of my head, I would say the palette RAM are these:

Palette_RAM.png

Have you tried to clear backupRAM when switching games? Off the top of my head that is an error that could be shown in that case.

Have you tried to clear backupRAM when switching games?
I believe I tried this, but I will test further. When the color ram error shows you cannot get to service menu.

After reading some other threads it sounds like some games clear backup ram when they notice a game change. Could the Rayforce rom be modified to clear ram in the same way?

Back