What's new
Backup RAM is a small serial EEPROM, whilst palette ram is very fast RAM used for the palette.

Rayforce is not a native F3 game. It runs on the F2 platform. Maybe it uses palette RAM differently.

Have you tried to clear backupRAM when switching games?
So I may be missing something, but what is the best way to clear the backup RAM? I have tried the test menu on various games and don't see the option. Do you need to boot without any cart attached or something?

I believe I tried this, but I will test further. When the color ram error shows you cannot get to service menu.

After reading some other threads it sounds like some games clear backup ram when they notice a game change. Could the Rayforce rom be modified to clear ram in the same way?
Rayforce was the only game I had this issue with and only on a conversion cart. Did the same thing with another MB I picked up, so I believe it is the cart itself.

No issues with the DS kit outside of the missing pixel in the top right corner that seems to reappear at the bottom right.

I bought the color RAM to fix this, let me check the part number when I get the chance. I think it's actually a few pages back in this thread already. Search my posts.

I bought the color RAM to fix this, let me check the part number when I get the chance. I think it's actually a few pages back in this thread already. Search my posts.
I checked back on post history and couldn't find reference to this. Please post part number and location on the PCB. I will compare part numbers on working vs. non-working F3s.

So it looks like the MB8421s were both replaced or reflowed as there was a ton of flux around them. I cleaned things up and fixed some bad soldering and now the board just boots to a shredded mess of colors...

Thinking I have a bridged pin now. The pitch between through holes is so fine it is difficult to tell what should be connected. This is going to be fun...
Someone teach me how to use the handy post reference insertion so I don't look vain quoting myself...

xodaraP - sorry to make you my personal tech here, but is a TMM2088P-35 a valid substitute for the pallete ram? The three on my board are marked IMS1635P-35.
I used TMM2088P-35 for palette ram thinking this would be the "color ram" and fix the transposed pixel issue.

RTW corrected pointed out that the BACKUP ram is actually a single EEPROM.

Last edited:
High score saves is out of stock. Any idea when they will have stock again?
I'm wondering this as well. I've finally got an F3 board on the way and now the multi appears to be out of stock everywhere.

@rogersta & @Arthrimus ... guys , on previous page Darksoft made some announcements about F3 stock

Attachments

• 3EE958AE-B221-4ECD-85B4-7899BA9CEEF4.png
    3EE958AE-B221-4ECD-85B4-7899BA9CEEF4.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 257
There is a small delay but I think we should still be good in the 10 weeks that I mentioned. That means 1st-2nd week of May. We shall see.
Thanks for the update.

Any idea what type of quantity will be available?

I plan to purchase one.

I am wondering if I can do it casually, or if it will be similar to trying to obtain a ps5 (which I still haven't managed to do).

By casual, I still mean the first day I know it's available. But I might not find out day 1.

Very soon as in the restocks are already sold out, or very soon as in they haven't restocked yet? :)

Back