What's new

HardAzRockz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recently got a Taito F3 and the Darksoft kit. I didnt realize it doesnt work with Scart on the OSSC. Apparently there is some work arounds with VGA with a custom cable and some settings through the OSSC. There even a mod you can do to the OSSC to use scart but requires a custom cable and soldering a couple wires. Does anyone sell these cables? Does anyone know if the Taito F3 works with the Retrotink pro? Thanks

Last edited:
i am having t he same problem. i thought the framemeister would work but it doesn't.
i am waiting for RGB's HAS to see if it will finally work.

Reactions: RGB
i can get it to display on my CRT with component cables coming from my CBOX supergun but no sound. My supergun uses a 8 pin din neo geo connector with rca jacks for audio. Won't work with the OSSC unless i can get a cable or make one but i dont have the correct pinout. Kind of hoping the geniuses on here could help. SOS! Please help!

You guys need this from RGB to work with your OSSC. The photo is of his D-sub15 connector that carries the RGB signal cleanly from the F3.

I got to work with VGA to OSSC using the Sync Strike. Im not using HAS. I have a CBOX V4, Retroelectronik Pro Gamer and a Neo Geo CBOX with supergun. I have 3 superguns

Going to do some light thread necromancy to see if there are any updated solutions. I've had limited luck converting the output from my HAS Minigun to YpBpR before going into the OSSC. I do get a picture out doing that, but it's off center and has the typical "s" swerve at the top of the image.

Going to do some light thread necromancy to see if there are any updated solutions. I've had limited luck converting the output from my HAS Minigun to YpBpR before going into the OSSC. I do get a picture out doing that, but it's off center and has the typical "s" swerve at the top of the image.
We need to talk, I had some small issues with my YpBpR output as well. I am currently deployed and don't get back till next month.

We need to talk, I had some small issues with my YpBpR output as well. I am currently deployed and don't get back till next month.
Sounds good, reach out when you can. I also did get in a sync-strip unit, which also works when running to my OSSC. But again with the same "S" curve at the top and being a bit off center. I saw the same going through a RGB to component adapter before going into the OSSC.
IMG_1174.jpgIMG_1173.jpg

~90% sure that's just how these systems are... not found a solution. Could also be that mine has a problem I've not been able to find information on. Not everything likes the HDMI signal that I'm getting out of the OSSC at this point. My capture box refused to acknowledge it.

Edit: After some poking around and work in other threads, the following two settings in the OSSC output correctly adjust for the curve at the top of the screen.
H-PLL pre-coast: 4
H-PLL post-coast: 4

IMG_1179.jpgIMG_1178.jpg
Still a bit off center, but I'll work on that when I have the time. For now the bubbles must be bobbled and the elevators actioned.

Edit 2 (electric boogaloo): Looks like there is a H.Backporch setting in the OSSC to adjust the off center output. Will work on trying that today.

Last edited:
If you don't have a cab, the Retrotink 2X is your best plug-and-play option for the F3 that produces spectacular results.

I got my F3 a few weeks ago and ran into the same problem with the OSSC even though I am running my Axun Supergun via HD Retrovision Neo-Geo Component Cables. But the OSSC wouldn't sync for even a second. I read the Retrotink 5X had similar issues but was playable with the curve at the top of the screen.

I had an old Retrotink 2X Classic (like, from early 2019) lying around that wasn't in use, so I plugged in my Axun directly to the 2X and VIOLA! Perfect, stable picture in 2X mode and no s-scroll at the top of the screen (or the side if in Tate). The only game that will flicker on occasion to sync issues using this method is Riding Fight - and it's rare occurrence. From what I understand, the stand alone Retrotink 2X SCART to HDMI should also produce the same results.

Playing Rayforce in Tate on my 50in rotatable (low lag) display is glorious! Nice, sharp, stable image.

Screenshot 2022-07-27 055322.jpg

Last edited:
i recently got a Taito F3 and the Darksoft kit. I didnt realize it doesnt work with Scart on the OSSC. Apparently there is some work arounds with VGA with a custom cable and some settings through the OSSC. There even a mod you can do to the OSSC to use scart but requires a custom cable and soldering a couple wires. Does anyone sell these cables? Does anyone know if the Taito F3 works with the Retrotink pro? Thanks

Hello,

F3/midway board sync signal have issue with a lot of scaler, using DVDO VP50 solve this with Midway for example (which have frequency issue..). Your supergun need to have a special sync correction circuit to regenerate the mobo output sync signal like HAS or :

You need a special jamma adapter (to plug between mobo and supergun harness) with a special pcb like jamma Sync fix (based on Martin Jones Sync stabilizer shematics) pcb by Paco Arcade for example.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...help-with-a-schematic.8941/page-9#post-339475

I’ve made one for me, and works fine for strange jamma signals

Last edited:
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it, but the official Taito upscaler from the Vewlix Jamma kits works great with F3. They pop up somewhat often and are inexpensive (the scaler, not the full kit).

If you don't have a cab, the Retrotink 2X is your best plug-and-play option for the F3 that produces spectacular results.

I got my F3 a few weeks ago and ran into the same problem with the OSSC even though I am running my Axun Supergun via HD Retrovision Neo-Geo Component Cables. But the OSSC wouldn't sync for even a second. I read the Retrotink 5X had similar issues but was playable with the curve at the top of the screen.

I had an old Retrotink 2X Classic (like, from early 2019) lying around that wasn't in use, so I plugged in my Axun directly to the 2X and VIOLA! Perfect, stable picture in 2X mode and no s-scroll at the top of the screen (or the side if in Tate). The only game that will flicker on occasion to sync issues using this method is Riding Fight - and it's rare occurrence. From what I understand, the stand alone Retrotink 2X SCART to HDMI should also produce the same results.

Playing Rayforce in Tate on my 50in rotatable (low lag) display is glorious! Nice, sharp, stable image.

Screenshot 2022-07-27 055322.jpg
Retrotink 2x is really impressive, i’ve a pair of these, the result is awesome

Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it, but the official Taito upscaler from the Vewlix Jamma kits works great with F3. They pop up somewhat often and are inexpensive (the scaler, not the full kit).
I've not seen one in some time, but then I've not been looking very hard. Tricky thing to watch for on the auction sites, thinking the cheap ones would be the ones the seller cant identify.

Retrotink 2x is really impressive, i’ve a pair of these, the result is awesome
I've a couple RetroTink2x units. The original and the pro. I didn't use them for this because I'd have to go through a RGB to YpBpR converter first. But I guess since I'm going through a sync strike it all worked out the same in the end... also I use the OSSC for Neo Geo, CPS, etc as well. If I had a RetorTink5x I probably would have gone that route.

I've not seen one in some time, but then I've not been looking very hard. Tricky thing to watch for on the auction sites, thinking the cheap ones would be the ones the seller cant identify.
I just have a taito search on YAJ I check once or twice a week. You can find lots of nice things that are just listed as "Sega" and the part number, or "Taito" and the part number.

I just have a taito search on YAJ I check once or twice a week. You can find lots of nice things that are just listed as "Sega" and the part number, or "Taito" and the part number.
Seconded.

Here's a link to a YAJ search I use to find random arcade stuff. You'll need to use a proxy like From Japan or Zenmarket (I've been using From Japan for YEARS and love the service) to get the items, but you can find things that are "hard to find" in the other parts of the world and usually at a significant cost savings. Especially right now when the Yen in quite weak compared to other currencies like USD.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/catego...84047782&fixed=3&exflg=1&b=1&n=50&s1=featured

Sounds good, reach out when you can. I also did get in a sync-strip unit, which also works when running to my OSSC. But again with the same "S" curve at the top and being a bit off center. I saw the same going through a RGB to component adapter before going into the OSSC.
IMG_1174.jpgIMG_1173.jpg

~90% sure that's just how these systems are... not found a solution. Could also be that mine has a problem I've not been able to find information on. Not everything likes the HDMI signal that I'm getting out of the OSSC at this point. My capture box refused to acknowledge it.

Edit: After some poking around and work in other threads, the following two settings in the OSSC output correctly adjust for the curve at the top of the screen.
H-PLL pre-coast: 4
H-PLL post-coast: 4

IMG_1179.jpgIMG_1178.jpg
Still a bit off center, but I'll work on that when I have the time. For now the bubbles must be bobbled and the elevators actioned.

Edit 2 (electric boogaloo): Looks like there is a H.Backporch setting in the OSSC to adjust the off center output. Will work on trying that today.
Sup man got back from my deployment a couple of weeks now. Everything looks with these photos.

Back