What's new
That is a standard chip. Why do you believe that someone has changed the value on your pot-meter ?

That is a standard chip. Why do you believe that someone has changed the value on your pot-meter ?
I went to turn on it on to test a new game and only got a color screen. Tried out games that I one worked and it was the same. Cleaned the contacts, tested continuity and made sure voltage from power was correct. My in Sister in law came by that same day and her son was in my room next to the arcade while I was upstairs. The MoBo didn't have a game in at the time. I can't say for sure he did it, but I feel like I've ruled out everything else.

Attachments

• 20220305_000744~3.jpg
    20220305_000744~3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220302_164505~2.jpg
    20220302_164505~2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 86
To me it looks like it's in the correct position. I would make a note of where it is now (tape/marker) and then try some simple adjustments to see if you get different behaviour.

To me it looks like it's in the correct position. I would make a note of where it is now (tape/marker) and then try some simple adjustments to see if you get different behaviour.
Outside of what I mentioned, is there anything else I should be checking? Can this damage the game boards or just the MoBo?

From what I understand it can only damage the Ensoniq but no guarantees.

Just wanted to put an update on the issue. The problem was voltage. The PSU read 5 volts but there was a .5 voltage drop to the jamma edge. I raised the power and it works, but now I have 2 MoBo's cuz I bought one after troubleshooting lol. I didn't even think there would be a voltage issue like that.

Just wanted to put an update on the issue. The problem was voltage. The PSU read 5 volts but there was a .5 voltage drop to the jamma edge. I raised the power and it works, but now I have 2 MoBo's cuz I bought one after troubleshooting lol. I didn't even think there would be a voltage issue like that.
Voltage always drops over a harness, one reason I try to avoid jamma extenders.

I put little 2 wire voltmeter on the end of my JAMMA harness.

The easiest "good enough" way to check is at the JAMMA edge. The best is to check 5v/gnd on an IC on the board, but generally I only have to do that for futher troubleshooting.

I touched the fucking dial (moved it "slightly") but the game runs without Issues. Can i thank my lucky star and enjoy a round of Elevator Actions Returns or do i need to get that dialed back in before using the board further?

tl;dr is the dial set right if the Game plays with sound?

The dial is related to voltage on the video circuit from what I understand, if it’s working now I think you can thank your lucky stars and leave it

If you turn it up too far it apparently blows out the video custom

I’ve actually been trying to get hold of one where this has happened to check a few things. I have seen and fixed no video faults on F3 where the custom was fine, and I’m wondering if those same things would apply if the voltage was turned up too high

I touched the fucking dial (moved it "slightly") but the game runs without Issues. Can i thank my lucky star and enjoy a round of Elevator Actions Returns or do i need to get that dialed back in before using the board further?

tl;dr is the dial set right if the Game plays with sound?

The dial is for the reference voltage for the Ensoniq device. Each device is calibrated individually so...

https://mobile.twitter.com/philbennett3d/status/1408012086194499586

Well it still works according to OP so I guess be thankful and don’t touch it any more

Back