What's new

Robertguy09

Professional
Reaction score
Hi there!

Can anyone point me to a replacement pot for VR1? I've seen some posts saying that it shouldn't be messed with. Sadly my board came with a busted pot. The game works, but I don't know if it will cause damage in the long term.

a_KcajCmbfkpQmL36PVUtT3g=w1032-h1376-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
That’s not a volume pot.

That’s a voltage pot to adjust voltage on the board and should NEVER be touched.

That’s not a volume pot.

That’s a voltage pot to adjust voltage on the board and should NEVER be touched.
Thanks I updated the title. Any idea what the value of that pot is? Also are there any reference points to set the voltage?

Don’t change it. Don’t touch it. You run a huge risk of frying your board if you do either of those things.

Can’t find the link but… one of the audio parts (ensoniq chip) has huge working voltage variability from part to part, so the VR1 regulated voltage to be on-spec on each individual board.

hmm I see.

The reason for this post is because the pot looks like its been smashed and is missing pieces.
I could be mistaken though. This is my first time owning one of these boards so I'm just referencing pics online.

I guess this is a "if its working, don't fuck with it!" situation lol

s74QdNH6CwH1VJilfUeeEhzQ=w1032-h1376-no?authuser=0.jpg

F4xzbVV4qOqFMv7Bw3_t1-Cw=w1032-h1376-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
Best way to handle this is to turn it clockwise with a metal screwdriver that is hardened at the tip (so it doesn't strip) and keep turning until the pot "pops" off. You'll know when it happens. Best to do this while the game is on and running if you can, for best effect.

Your second best is to leave it alone, but you know what Ricky Bobby says.

Best way to handle this is to turn it clockwise with a metal screwdriver that is hardened at the tip (so it doesn't strip) and keep turning until the pot "pops" off. You'll know when it happens. Best to do this while the game is on and running if you can, for best effect.

Why would you try to break a voltage regulator while the game is running??

😂 okay okay I get it! I'll leave it be 🤣
Hey man, I was just joking of course, definitely don't turn that thing! If you did replace it, you'd have to have the equipment to adjust the new one before use, or it would destroy your motherboards.

That being said, get yourself the multi, the F3 is a fantastic platform and the multi makes it cheap to play all the games!

I also really like the Lions case for this system.

https://shop.lions3.com/products/custom-taito-f3-multi-base-plate-and-lcd-housing

Hey man, I was just joking of course, definitely don't turn that thing! If you did replace it, you'd have to have the equipment to adjust the new one before use, or it would destroy your motherboards.

That being said, get yourself the multi, the F3 is a fantastic platform and the multi makes it cheap to play all the games!

I also really like the Lions case for this system.

https://shop.lions3.com/products/custom-taito-f3-multi-base-plate-and-lcd-housing

That is my plan exactly! I've got the case already and ordered the multi.

I recapped it and noticed that pot and was just being paranoid that it might be an issue. Didn't wanna kill the multi kit.

Back