What's new
For Sale
Yeah, GroundZero I would assume would be doing a large crate shipment via sea because it’ll be packed with cabs, and that’s gonna be one of the cheapest ways to get very large packages over to the east coast.

I’m going to go with DHL service over to NorCal, which should be extremely fast once shipped from Japan, around a week. Little pricier - but also avoids a lot of the “gottchas” of shipping via sea, is fully insured and tracked, etc.

Update 08/12/22

STOOL HEIGHT
Only ordering 43cm size for the stools. There just hasn’t been enough interest in the 48cm. If someone wants a full set of 5x 48cm, lemme know and I can still get that for you.

TIMING
Stools look to arrive to me Sept/Oct (which feels crazy to say that’s only weeks away… where did this year go!)

Benches will be later, looking at November as a target.

LOCKING IN ORDERS FOR GROUP BUY
I’ll be looking to do this first thing next week (week of August 15th, 2022). I’ll start messaging people to get confirmation they are in, and with payment details.

One 43” stool is 7500¥ .. from here things becomes involved .
Is the best when group buy is maded

UPDATE ON SHIPPING ME TO YOU
Since a few of you requested shipping the stools me to you - here's what you are looking at:

West Coast: $40 per 2x stools. $80 per 4x stools.
East Coast: $70 per 2x stools. $110 per 4x stools.

If it turns out to be significantly cheaper to your specific address, I'll pass on a refund.

Shipping benches me to you is not recommended - and would be at least the cost of the 4x stool shipping. If you want to YOLO it, I'll do it for ya though : )

DEADLINE TO GET ON THE 100% CONFIRMED LIST FOR THIS ORDER IS MONDAY 8/15

Check the list - if you aren't on it and want to be, let me know

A legit thank you for arranging this. I have been asking because there's a lot of pressure from people for me to do it, but it's a hassle due to production shortages across the board and increased prices. I'm already managing a ton, or I'd have pushed harder. Now is the kind of time where people who are able and willing to do things like this should step up and take some of the burden. Props to you!

I can also confirm those price increases are absolutely freaking savage. It's just a hard time all around. Wishing everyone here the best of luck, and I'll be pointing people this way as requests come in!

I am one of the few who wants a 48cm stool. I only need 1 though. Let me know if it’s feasible to ship to AZ

I am one of the few who wants a 48cm stool. I only need 1 though. Let me know if it’s feasible to ship to AZ
Sorry, won’t be getting any 48s this time around. Just not enough interest.

I wasn’t kidding when I said you could put a rubber or felt floor protector on the bottom of a 43 and get it to 48 :)

Sorry, won’t be getting any 48s this time around. Just not enough interest.

I wasn’t kidding when I said you could put a rubber or felt floor protector on the bottom of a 43 and get it to 48 :)
Not a problem. I have been using my 43cm stools for my vewlix and it has been fine. Just thought having a 48 would be more convenient

The difference is 5 cm, almost two inches. That's some floor protector.

When I bought my stools, Taito didn't have enough 43cm stools in stock. So I bought more of the 48cm ones instead, removed the ferrules and chopped the ends with a 10 dollar pipe cutter.

They are the exact same stools, just with longer legs.

Yeah, you have to get the floor protectors that slide over the ends that are just narrow enough that the legs sit in em and don’t bottom out inside, or the cups that they sit on top of.

And measuring my other 43 and 48 cm stools? They all kinda fall somewhere in between depending on the “newness” and thus firmness of the foam on top, and how far off the metal the included original plastic cups are sitting.

If someone is real worried the 43 will be too short, they of course shouldn’t order a 43 :p

Example of how much play is in just the original leg cups.

Some of mine go all the way in, some stop short. There’s about an inch difference possible already from the factory, depending on the tolerance of the replaceable plastic feet.

Throw a couple small felt feet INSIDE the cup, and the leg won’t go in as far, and the total height raised.

Buy some taller plastic cups, and you’ll have even more potential extension room.

But this is moot for me, anything higher than 43-ish and my legs start to hit the control panels anyway. The curse of the tall/big person.

CA7CFB19-94E0-475E-8BF3-49C4ABC62B80.jpeg

Where can one find those leg cups?

Before you started this thread, I ordered a couple supposedly new 43cm Taito stools from Ebay. One arrived. It doesn't have leg cups, there's some brown residue on the legs, and there's a little rust inside. I'm not even sure they're new, let alone authentic. Wish I knew this group order was coming!

Where can one find those leg cups?

Before you started this thread, I ordered a couple supposedly new 43cm Taito stools from Ebay. One arrived. It doesn't have leg cups, there's some brown residue on the legs, and there's a little rust inside. I'm not even sure they're new, let alone authentic. Wish I knew this group order was coming!
Those might have been the China made “knockoffs”, if that matters to you.

I’ve bought replacement leg cups at a hardware store. In the Bay Area specifically at an Osh and Ace stores. (Osh isn’t around anymore so Ace it is!)

Back