What's new
For Sale

reclaimer

Professional
Reaction score
UPDATE 9/12/22:
Stools are here early! I’ll start arranging pickups and shipping this week.

TLDR: Let me know if you want to get in on an order of stools and benches coming to Northern California, for local pickup. Shipping from me to you is extra, I don’t plan on shipping many.

<3What seating am I ordering?

I’m having a friendly contact in Japan send me a bunch more stools and benches. These are brand new from Taito.

Stools: 43 or 48 cm, black leatherette, chromed legs. (Sticking with 43cm stools for this order. )
2 person bench: adjustable with back and foot rest, black leatherette.

<3 Cost:

Stools: ESTIMATED $150 per stool.
Benches: ESTIMATED $700 per bench.

You know these things cost way too much. Now, I’m not expecting a “deal”. That’s not what this order is about. Everything is more expensive these days, especially shipping large items overseas. And I’m likely going to choose the faster, more reliable, more expensive shipping from him once he repacks the boxes from the factory.

HOWEVER! If you wanted to come pick some up in the Bay Area, California, it could possibly save you some shipping costs from my door to yours. Or it could let you buy a single stool rather than having to order a whole pack of 5 from overseas. Or give you a good excuse to grab a few more just because.

<3 Will I ship me-to-you?
Ehhh… I’m not super keen on that. This is for local folks. It’s going to be quite expensive because these are big and heavy, but if you really want that, lemme know and I can get you a quote from my door to yours.

Here's what you are looking at for shipping. If it turns out to be significantly cheaper to your specific address, I'll pass on a refund.

Local Pickup: Free of course!
West Coast: $40 per 2x stools. $80 per 4x stools.
East Coast: $70 per 2x stools. $110 per 4x stools.

Shipping benches me to you is not recommended - and would be at least the cost of the 4x stool shipping. If you want to YOLO it, I'll do it for ya though : )

Double Bench

• Black faux leather, chrome plated steel. (Why it's so damn heavy!)
  • Gas cylinder lift for adjustable height. Adjusts from 48-68cm. I use mine with candies like Astro/Egret that "traditionally" pair with 43cm stools and it's fine. If you REALLY want, you can just add furniture cups below your cab's feet for the extra 5mm on em, ha!
  • Removable backrest
  • Here's a video of Saru showing it off a bit:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R38NHK4adQ

Taito_chairs.png_-_ACDSee_Quick_View_2022.08.10.19.18_4082.png

Single Stool Chair

• Black faux leather, chrome plated steel.
  • Stackable
  • 43cm or 48cm. "Traditionally" 43cm is for classic candies and 48cm is for Vewlix... but YMMV. This order is all 43cm.
    1660185729237.png

Last edited:
[astrocity]Interest list - FIRST BATCH (Locked 8/15/22)

I'll be getting some of each for myself, as well as covering any extra we need to buy to fill the most efficient shipping/buying quantity.

STOOLS 43cm
Supabok - 2x (pickup)
Laveyrin - 2x (shipping)
tonedef3x - 2x (pickup)
Kidkaos - 4x (pickup)

Bad_Hambre - 2x (shipping)
Otachi_R1x -1x (shipping)
DMRSX - 2x (shipping)
notsofriedchicken - 2x (pickup)
goku80 - 1x (pickup)

BENCHES

CONFIRMED
Westtrade - 1x bench (shipped)
Sqrfrk- 1x bench (pickup)

Last edited:
Depending on cost I'm tentatively in for 4 or 6 43cm

I'm looking for two 43cm but I'm in Socal. Darn it.

I need 12 ... and right. east coast. Never mind gosh darn it lucky west coasters.

I'm a little bit too far but maybe I can pick up later? I would be in for 2x 43cm stools and 1x 43cm bench.

Who is planning a roadtrip back east from the Bay Area and doesn’t mind hauling a few stools back? 😉

I need 12 ... and right. east coast. Never mind gosh darn it lucky west coasters.
If you legit want that many just order then straight from Taito. I dunno what's changed since I last did it, was maybe 5ish years ago, but I wired them money and they sent me a box of 5 stools. It wasn't hard. IIRC at the time 5 was a minimum order, but they might be happy to handle 12, or maybe at least 10, two boxes?

If you legit want that many just order then straight from Taito. I dunno what's changed since I last did it, was maybe 5ish years ago, but I wired them money and they sent me a box of 5 stools. It wasn't hard. IIRC at the time 5 was a minimum order, but they might be happy to handle 12, or maybe at least 10, two boxes?
Exactly this. For the 43 or 48cm stools, it’s 5 to a box if you go direct from Taito to your house. You’ll wire them money after you accept their terms. Sometimes they have em ready to ship, sometimes there’s a wait for a manufacturing run.

(They’ll also repack and ship fewer… it’s even more expensive. :/)

Last edited:

You don’t have to order 5 anymore, they charge a small fee to repack, around $10, but shipping right now is crazy, like $500.

My memory is I paid around $500 total, shipping and stools, so yeah, everything up now I guess lol. On the other hand, the thing that's not up is the Yen so ...

UPDATED FIRST POST WITH A LITTLE MORE INFO ABOUT THE STOOLS/BENCHES

PRICE UPDATE 8/10/22 - I want to provide you with an ESTIMATE so that you know the ballpark. Hopefully I can get a larger order in and save us all some shipping.

Sadly, this is about a 20-40% increase from pre-pandemic times. Damn it. I'm still in though, YOLO.

I have 2 seller options who I'm getting estimates from. Taito direct, and a proxy who will disassemble and repack for potentially better shipping rates to my door. Waiting on some clarification from Taito.

:astronaut: Proxy current estimate (working on getting this down)
With all taxes and fees, DHL shipping and insurance, estimating:
Around $150 per stool
Around $700 per double stool

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR INTEREST SO I CAN KEEP THIS PROCESS GOING :)

Last edited:
That's not bad. I've been in messages back and forth with a Taito repro stool maker in China that @djsheep recommended and have gotten $80 per stool landed. After shipping my target was going to be $120 landed continental but at $150 landed, It leaves little incentive to compromise the "real thing"

The problem is I have to commit to x100 qty so x50 of each size.

I would rather not go through the quality control of a repro experience at that rate

Back