What's new

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi Folks!

I just got one of these off ebay, from China. When I got it - it fired right up, and I went down to Street Fighter IV and let it run, I walked away and came back about 10m later and it was at the menu. I thought that was odd.

Ever since then - It appears totally random as to whether the system will run for 2 minutes, or 4 minutes, but never longer than that.

It is playing along and then BAM - just shuts down. I have tried moving the one stick or ram to another slot - made sure the video card is seated well, the 2 motherboard fans are plugged in and running. No caps look to be bad on the motherboard.

What should I troubleshoot next? I was thinking of taking off the CPU cooler and maybe putting down some arctic silver and making sure that's all good - but the heatsink itself doesn't even have time to get hot, so not sure if that is even the issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

BTW - I am using the AxunWorks CBOX for the JVS I/O.

Matt

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
I pulled the the CPU cooler, wiped both it and the CPU down clean, reapplied some thermal paste, and I'm off to the races!

Matt

Niko

Champion
Reaction score
You might try replacing the drive, and RAM. No telling what’s been done to that drive. If you need a clean image let me know.

Typically when the video card starts failing you’ll get BSOD.