What's new

Monstermug

Professional
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any threads on this so question is, if you have an original game and the security dongle is broken, is it possible to make a new dongle?

It’s easier to make a copy of the drive that doesn’t need a dongle.

what game is it?

I don't actually have it yet. Just wondering if they could be repaired if it does break down. USB drive can sometimes be unreliable. If the only solution is to just copy the hacked game to the drive, then the only thing making original games worth anything is the dongle?

I've gotten a few of the older, silver dongles to work after opening them up. There's a SIM card in the card slot. Take that out, clean the contacts.

The black ones are probably not worth opening.

It’s easier to make a copy of the drive that doesn’t need a dongle.

what game is it?
I'm currently trying to dump the HDD for " Lupin the 3rd", as the TTX2 I purchased is not working currently. I've dumped it using dd, both the entire drive and the partitions separately. Is there a tool or utility I need to use to finish decrypting it, or can I just mount one of those .img as is? I left the HDD dumping when I left this morning for work, so I can probably try to mount them when I get home in the next hour, but if decryption is needed, was hoping to get that figured out ahead of time.

Primarily trying to determine if the HDD (which appears almost brand new) is the original or if it even contains the Lupin game that I purchased. Case has the right label, so I'm hoping it's correct.

Thanks for any help or info. PMs are welcome.

Are you sure it's the game and not the TTX2 that is causing the issue?

If you think it's the game there are a few ways you can test this. 1. Dump the image and use the program to verify if its correct image 2. Use another hard drive and burn the image on it and test. I can't remember the program I used to do this before but I used the same program to burn my TTX2-Multi Image from someone else's image. It was a long time ago.

You'd have to decrypt it. There is a "vdimg_ec" file in "C:\TypeXsys\data" ( or something like that ).

If you zip it up and send it to me, I'll dump it and send it back.

I cant recall if Lupin had extra protections in place, it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Almost all of the "deluxe" games used some form of TXCE / TXAC or both.

Reactions: nem
You'd have to decrypt it. There is a "vdimg_ec" file in "C:\TypeXsys\data" ( or something like that ).

If you zip it up and send it to me, I'll dump it and send it back.

I cant recall if Lupin had extra protections in place, it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Almost all of the "deluxe" games used some form of TXCE / TXAC or both.
I can certainly do that after I get home today.

I was poking around and noticed a lot of Schlumberger mentions, a company of which I am a little bit familiar with through work. Sounded like it was involved with the encryption scheme. I'm a coder, so I like looking behind the curtain, especially when it comes to encryption/decryption schemes.

I noticed the file you're mentioning, and I had guessed it was the encrypted bit, since Mount Manager wouldn't mount the .img.

Please let me know the preferred way to send the file. If you want to take that conversation to PMs, I'm okay with that too.

Oh the hard drive is encrypted as well? I did not know that. I thought security was just in the dongle.

I can certainly do that after I get home today.

I was poking around and noticed a lot of Schlumberger mentions, a company of which I am a little bit familiar with through work. Sounded like it was involved with the encryption scheme. I'm a coder, so I like looking behind the curtain, especially when it comes to encryption/decryption schemes.

I noticed the file you're mentioning, and I had guessed it was the encrypted bit, since Mount Manager wouldn't mount the .img.

Please let me know the preferred way to send the file. If you want to take that conversation to PMs, I'm okay with that too.

If you want to upload it to somewhere like mega or google drive and just shoot me a link via PM that would be easiest for me.

Oh the hard drive is encrypted as well? I did not know that. I thought security was just in the dongle.

The hard drive itself isn't encrypted, but the game is stored in an encrypted container.

If you want to upload it to somewhere like mega or google drive and just shoot me a link via PM that would be easiest for me.
It's been uploaded now, check PMs for the link! Thanks again!

I'm interested in learning how this `vdimg_ec.img` file was decrypted. I have one from a TTX4 system. I'm willing to upload and send if needed.

AFAIK the methods are all private, so I wouldn't expect anyone to share that information publicly, unfortunately.

I'm sure Niko or someone else can help with dumping whatever you've got.

There's a tool floating around on the interwebs somewhere that will take care of it.

That game isn't bitlockered. Most of the TTX4 games aren't, SF5 is.

What you've got with LL has been dumped and well shared, both AC and center, it's just a few bits swap i believe to convert between the 2, it's the same files otherwise. Even the standalone version is very heavily integrated into the server so it's not going to work without emulating the NXL2 server for that game.

If you want the link to the decrypted files, pm me.

If you just want to know for the hell of it how it's encrypted, i can tell you it's not bitlocker. Uses the exact same method as the TTX2 non bitlockered games.

I'm not sure if PM-ing you is working, but I'd like to decrypt the img file I've dumped if possible. (PM me if possible). I'm willing to do all the work if you just tell me how! Thanks for the help regardless!

Back