What's new
You can't clock the chip in action when the PCB is not complete!!!
So with only the sound card to work with, dumping + schematics is the only option.

sound board is toast?

It maybe toast already before we start, this is an untested loose sound board....

Welcome @Vorador!
For the time being no progress has been made.
Please understand this a hobby for most of us... It will take some time before progress is made and we may have other projects that are being worked on.
Be patient!

I absolutely don't want to hurry you guys! I have faith in your skill and I understand that it's something you're doing in your spare time :thumbup:
Just a curiosity: how should it work? I mean, I'll be able to put this "fixed" rom with audio in the micro sd of my darksoft multi cart, right?

I absolutely don't want to hurry you guys! I have faith in your skill and I understand that it's something you're doing in your spare time :thumbup:
Just a curiosity: how should it work? I mean, I'll be able to put this "fixed" rom with audio in the micro sd of my darksoft multi cart, right?
That's the approach @Apocalypse is favouring.
I'm trying to work with @Hammy on a hardware based approach by replicating the sound board as it is also used on NBA:TE for the ZN hardware. This board would work with both games.
In the specific case of Batman Forever you'll probably need a bypass board of sorts that would work together with the multi.
This is still in the planning stages so it's subject to change :D

I’m digging up my nos system next week to sort out all the pictures so you can see what traces go where :) hope you get this fixed soon so everybody can enjoy Batman!

That's the approach @Apocalypse is favouring.
I'm trying to work with @Hammy on a hardware based approach by replicating the sound board as it is also used on NBA:TE for the ZN hardware. This board would work with both games.
In the specific case of Batman Forever you'll probably need a bypass board of sorts that would work together with the multi.
This is still in the planning stages so it's subject to change :D

The logic needed on the rom is about 10x logic chips (for the rom board) + rom board actel

Batman <cart> has them compressed into GAL's i think, owned it 15 year ago, can't remember exactly from memory ;)

@kuze managed to grab me an NBA motherboard, combined with the dodgy soundboard this makes a full setup! Let's hope it's not toasty dead

rom board actel
This is only on NBA (for over complicated rom-banking minimum)

Batman does not have this , only the soundboard actel. Hopefully the soundboard actel is the same.

Thank you @XtraSmiley!
This is a great help.
I'll take a look at the game cart and list some steps to help you get the game going. Be patient please, I'm busy as hell!
No worries, when I told you I wasn't in a hurry, I wasn't kidding. I'm moving in 2 weeks and this is going into storage for 3 months...

See, you COULD have received it, messed around with it, and mailed it back next year, no problems! :P

Back