What's new

AlexRancid

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys

Recently I have had an RM5 coin mech installed into my Time Crisis 3 cabinet but any time a coin is inserted, it automatically adds credit to player one and doesn't give the option to select player 2 to play.

In the back of the cabinet there are 2 connector blocks that aren't connected and don't appear to have anywhere obvious that they need plugging into.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Could it be a wiring issue due to the new coin mech as the buttons to select players doesn't seem to function or could it be these wires in the back? Everything else seems to work fine

Cheers

I’m guessing that it’s an issue with the wiring. If I remember correctly, you need to have 2 coin mechs (one for each player). Check the I/O board and check the 12 pin connector (J3). Pin 7 on both I/O pcbs is where the “coin” wire is located. You can try grounding pin #7 on both I/O boards to see if each one is working properly. I’ll put a link to download the online service manual here. The schematic for the whole machine is located on pages 84-85.

Cheers buddy! Really appreciate that. Will take a look and see if that will sort it and maybe source a new dual coin mech door

Thank you!

Back