What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
Clearing out my 246 systems, and deciding if I'll include the game discs or not. Trying to get Time Crisis 3 to boot on my 256 in 246+ mode, and I get nothing... is this a known incompatibility, or am I missing something? Tried swapping the DVD drives, incase it was a drive issue. But both drives behave the same in both systems. Game boots without issue in the 246, but I get no output on the 256 (246+ mode).

IMG_0839.jpg

Clearing out my 246 systems, and deciding if I'll include the game discs or not. Trying to get Time Crisis 3 to boot on my 256 in 246+ mode, and I get nothing... is this a known incompatibility, or am I missing something? Tried swapping the DVD drives, incase it was a drive issue. But both drives behave the same in both systems. Game boots without issue in the 246, but I get no output on the 256 (246+ mode).

IMG_0839.jpg
Time Crisis 3 doesn’t boot on the 256. It’s one of the few games that isn’t compatible.

Time Crisis 3 doesn’t boot on the 256. It’s one of the few games that isn’t compatible.
Thanks. Thought it might be something along those lines. May as well include it with the 246 when I sell it then. Can't see keeping the unit around just for the one game.

Thanks. Thought it might be something along those lines. May as well include it with the 246 when I sell it then. Can't see keeping the unit around just for the one game.
How much are you selling it for? I would like to get another time crisis 3 system

Is the Theater version dumped? Did I understand @l_oliveira correctly and anyone with a PS3 Memory Card Adapter can dump these now?

Does anyone know what the 'Theater' version actually is? Is it just from the DX cab?

Is the Theater version dumped? Did I understand @l_oliveira correctly and anyone with a PS3 Memory Card Adapter can dump these now?
I was talking with @defor the other day about this since I have one, he told me that it’s not dumped.
Does anyone know what the 'Theater' version actually is? Is it just from the DX cab?
Since I have this version as well, the only differences I could find is that it has no intro or attract mode at all and the bass seems to be reduced compared to the PlayStation 2 port or regular arcade release. I guess it was used for movie theaters or places that wanted the game to be more “quiet”? I can capture gameplay of it today and post a link here for all of you to check out.

Last edited:
> I guess it was used for movie theaters or places that wanted the game to be more “quiet”?
I was literally stumped as to why this would make it a theatre version until you said this - makes a lot of sense!

Yes please to the video, would be really interesting to see

I was talking with @defor the other day about this since I have one, he told me that it’s not dumped.

Since I have this version as well, the only differences I could find is that it has no intro or attract mode at all and the bass seems to be reduced compared to the PlayStation 2 port or regular arcade release. I guess it was used for movie theaters or places that wanted the game to be more “quiet”? I can capture gameplay of it today and post a link here for all of you to check out.
Yup, that's all it is. It's for movie theaters where they don't want the arcade games making too much noise...

@Kujako Can you please make a dump and make sure that it's preserved?
OK, I'm a bit stumped. Anyone able to direct me to a current dumping method? I see options for using a PlayStation 2 running some home brew software, but I can't find specifics. Likewise I see that I can solder it into my SYS2x6USB dongle, but not sure I really want to go down that route. Alternatively, I can just send it to someone else who is already setup to dump it.

I don't have access to the preferred way to dump. Preferrd way is with a compatible programmer.

I don't have access to the preferred way to dump. Preferred way is with a compatible programmer.
Yeah, from everything I'm reading it's a hard nut to crack. And yet, there are dumps of most dongles out there already... just not seeing a clear way in which they were accomplished.

Back