What's new

Franco23444

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello, I want to know what are the pin outs to make a time crisis 4 gun harness and what I/O boards can be used with time crisis 4. Some help will really be appreciated because this seems to be the most difficult time crisis to set up.

the deluxe cabinet manual has schematics at the end.

Looks like you need a BUNCH of stuff!
- NA-JV pc board
- CPU board
- v329 sideled pcb
- LED pcb

The pinout of the guns is also in there.

Good luck!

This uses a similar IR gun setup to what Sega uses on NAOMI. the TC4 gun sense, LEDs and sensors aren't completely cross compatible with the Sega equipment, you really need to use all of one or all of the other.

if you have the proper JVS IO for TC4 you should be able to use the SEGA gun setup for the rest of it. Otherwise you need all of the TC4 equipment.

I already seemed to get most of it here is photo proof:
60294AAC-F270-4E14-A7F3-3D2C8C17D62A.jpeg
E8E8CA43-6F9F-4818-AD24-A1DFBEB3F724.jpeg
135AED12-FC18-4D4A-93F1-0B2116BC687B.jpeg
8B1B2FFE-EE82-45F6-98F7-25EDAD9EEB85.jpeg
7D0D5D0F-52FD-40B9-A6C7-E3C9BF8ACFA3.jpeg
2C402072-02A1-437B-AF03-CC09A08E8F1A.jpeg
CFDF856F-A5C9-480F-87C3-AAA90FA4C663.jpeg
3786DC8F-EAA8-4879-9789-938E95B3034A.jpeg

I’m not sure if that’s exactly everything I need to get this game to work. At the moment, I’m just waiting for the pcbs to arrive from China. I did get the gun sensor but I’m not sure if it even works. I have read somewhere that the IR gun sensors are electricity compatible but not physically compatible. I plan on obtaining one of these guns from Alibaba.com and testing it out.
832D8155-E1A5-44EA-8218-C07C1589B9D4.png

it has the same IR sensor like the sega guns and it’s similar to the Namco IR sensor. The only thing I need is if any one has a spare wiring harness for the I/O boards and an extra gun harness. Or if anyone can make me one, I’m to busy at the moment to make one and the OEM parts(new or used) are ridiculously expensive. I’ll pay for your service of course :).

That looks like everything except the "gun hose". They can be quite expensive, new ones usually run $200 per gun.

I don't even make my own harnesses anymore since I don't have time to. you'll want to speak to Lemony Vengeance.

But this is more than just a harness, since if you don't want it to get ripped apart while playing you'll need to secure it inside a hose and the tricky part is the "hinge" at either end of the hose. (hence why they're so expensive)

That looks like everything except the "gun hose". They can be quite expensive, new ones usually run $200 per gun.

I don't even make my own harnesses anymore since I don't have time to. you'll want to speak to Lemony Vengeance.

But this is more than just a harness, since if you don't want it to get ripped apart while playing you'll need to secure it inside a hose and the tricky part is the "hinge" at either end of the hose. (hence why they're so expensive)
I might end up buying the gun from China and hopefully I can get to to work or hack it up for parts. Thanks to everyone once again for the help!

I wouldn't buy that HOTD4 gun to use with TC4. the TC4 sensors work on a different frequency than the Sega ones. they have different pinouts also.

looks like the TC4 gun hoses are quite a bit more expensive than the already expensive Sega ones: https://www.betsonparts.com/amusement-redemption/namco-time-crisis-4-gun-harness-assembly.html

Happ Repros are a bit cheaper: https://na.suzohapp.com/products/optical_guns/TF50-11688-00
I’ll probably make my own, l think I got some hose in my material storage. I don’t have any more wire though and I’ll order some connectors. I need to know what connectors are used.

I’m getting the connectors in the mail today, those jst and the Namco connectors were really hard to find as Digi-Key said they were temporarily out of stock. I ended up buying them from China instead and they seem to match what I was looking for.

Ok, I need some help. I can confirm that the NAMCO V239 I/O pcb works. The game recognize it and boots fine. The only thing I can seem to figure out is how to properly hook up the led sensor pcbs to the Gun Sense pcb (CPU board). I tried to hook them up according to the schematic and the leds won’t turn on (I’m using my phone’s camera to confirm if the leds are on). I can confirm that the 6 pin led out does have 12 v and 5 v output. I don’t have the gun sense pcb hooked up to the Namco board at the moment and I’m not sure if it needs to be hooked up in order for the leds to turn on. I need some help! @twistedsymphony can you be able to help?

the Gun Sense PCB, LEDs and sensors should work with nothing more than power hooked up. The outputs that attach to the IO board are outputs only, so the Gun sense is blind to whether or not anything is hooked up downstream.

I don't know about the Namco Equipment but the Sega LED output header on the Gun sense is pinned backwards from the connectors on the LED boards. this also means if you're using original harnesses there is one harness that accommodates for this backward pinning and is different from the rest. You will also want to verify that the LED boards are hooked up the right way around, as you CAN plug them in backwards.

I think I figured it out, my gun sense pcb does not work. I checked if the leds turn on with my multi meter and they do. So I have to order another gun sense pcb unfortunately. I did notice that some of the chips on that pcb would get uncomfortably hot. I think the 5v regulator failed on the pcb.

I've seen quite a few dead 5V regulators on these pcbs... usually it results in 0V output though so replacing it may make for a simple fix.

Thanks for the tip but I went ahead and bought another one that was confirmed working. The one I got was said to be untested. when I got that pcb, it has some corrosion on some of the ICs.

Ok, I was able to actually get the leds on. My other gun sense pcb arrived yesterday and I was able to test it. Now, I haven’t tested the gun sensor yet. I’ll get to it hopefully today. I’m working at the moment. I also need to get some screws for the gun and make a 32”-40” bezel for the IR led pcbs. I think my set came from a 50” deluxe TC4 cab. The wires are pretty long. A lot of work but I’m getting there. :)

Back