What's new

weirdal1968

Beginner
Reaction score
Now that I have a friend's hacked Mario Kart running (thanks to nem's fzero ax CF tutorial) the owner wants to play linked games with his legit MK. This MK runs software version MKA3A1 on a ROM module while the newly hacked cabinet runs MKA2B8 via CF/netdimm. I was told that both cabinets need to run the exact same version or linking won't work. Months ago we tried getting them to talk but no dice despite them seeing each other's cabinet ID in self test.

Is there a way I can run the MKA3A1 version on the hacked cabinet? Would I need a netdimm board on the legit MK to run the MKA2B8 version?

Correct, you need a media board with the network daughter board to run netboot images.

Easiest is just to grab another Type 3 Triforce from eBay and put the original motherboard into storage.

EDIT: there was also talk of reprogramming NAND modules, but I'm not sure if that ever panned out to anything. @Darksoft? (also, can these be dumped somehow easily? MKA3A1 would be nice to get preserved!)

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...-national-day-release.1526/page-4#post-323049

Last edited:
Looking at the Triforce type 3 boards on eb-ay and the price differences are dramatic. The cheapest one with a netdimm board is labeled "not for mario kart" but not sure that's correct.

Wondering if the cheap one can run MKA2B8 with nem's CF method. Are there Triforce type 3 boardsets that can't run MK via CF/zero PIC key because of another issue?

Also - can MK run with 512MB of SDRAM?

Random picture of the MKA3A1 TF3 board attached

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_201223.jpg
    IMG_20220812_201223.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 54
Back