What's new

Noburu

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got an Vewlix a while back and just installed the TTX3 multi image on a drive. While the image works really well and I can navigate it with a keyboard, I can't seem to get the stick and buttons to work.

I have enabled FAST IO from the utils menu, but still no results.

Am I missing something, or is the setup not complete?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-4283.jpg
    IMG-4283.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG-4284.jpg
    IMG-4284.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG-4285.jpg
    IMG-4285.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-4286.jpg
    IMG-4286.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-4287.jpg
    IMG-4287.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG-4288.jpg
    IMG-4288.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 150
Looks correct, not sure it makes any difference, but my dip 1 on my ttx3 is on. You enabled fastio while your fastio was plugged in and waited for it to restart right? Can always try again haha.

The 12V PSU is plugged in at the bottom of the vewlix?

Thanks for the info. Turned on dip 1 and 2.

Enabled fastio while it was plugged in, pugged it in after the reset, tried a lot of times, even with different cables.

Everything lights up while it's turned on, don't know what psu you are talking about, new to vewlixes and arcades... I do have some extra cables that came with the unit, and some that are not plugged into anything.

Attachments

• IMG-4290.jpg
    IMG-4290.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG-4292.jpg
    IMG-4292.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-4293.jpg
    IMG-4293.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG-4294.jpg
    IMG-4294.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-4296.jpg
    IMG-4296.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG-4297.jpg
    IMG-4297.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG-4300.jpg
    IMG-4300.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 107
Does the X3 unit work in JVS mode?

Yeah that’s the psu, most of those are extra connectors for optional stuff. Looks like the correct one is plugged in and you are getting power to the fast io. I’ll have to check to see what my lights show up as, but you have the process correct. Just have everything plugged in, turn it on, enable fastio, let it reboot, and once it turns back on it should just work.

Does the X3 unit work in JVS mode
I really don't know. I have tried enabling JVS mode but still no go.
The board on the arcade is FAST IO and the only connection I have on the board is an ethernet cable, as I see on the X3 unit, JVS needs an USB connection.

Yeah that’s the psu, most of those are extra connectors for optional stuff. Looks like the correct one is plugged in and you are getting power to the fast io. I’ll have to check to see what my lights show up as, but you have the process correct. Just have everything plugged in, turn it on, enable fastio, let it reboot, and once it turns back on it should just work.
Everything is plugged in, as in the photos, enabled fastio and rebooted tens of times, and it doesn't work unfortunately.
Tried a lot of times even with different dip combinations, including on the FAST IO board in the arcade, but nothing changes.

:(

Everything is plugged in, as in the photos, enabled fastio and rebooted tens of times, and it doesn't work unfortunately.
Tried a lot of times even with different dip combinations, including on the FAST IO board in the arcade, but nothing changes.

:(

Checked lights on my fastio, same leds light up. You checked your j harness from your CP to make sure that’s working? Can try to short some pin to ground to see if they activate.

Also check that fastio.exe and iDmacDrv32.dll are present in your AM folder.

Checked lights on my fastio, same leds light up. You checked your j harness from your CP to make sure that’s working? Can try to short some pin to ground to see if they activate.

Also check that fastio.exe and iDmacDrv32.dll are present in your AM folder.
Checked and the fastio.exe and iDmacDrv32.dll are present in the AM folder. But, again, still no go.

Was hoping that I missed some wiring or maybe a dip switch. If the boards don't work than I am done...

Checked and the fastio.exe and iDmacDrv32.dll are present in the AM folder. But, again, still no go.

Was hoping that I missed some wiring or maybe a dip switch. If the boards don't work than I am done...

Yeah, I don’t know how else to test them. If fastio is running on your task manager, you should be able to hit your buttons in notepad and letters should pop up. You can try to short the input pins to see if it works at the source to check your harness.

Yeah, I don’t know how else to test them. If fastio is running on your task manager, you should be able to hit your buttons in notepad and letters should pop up. You can try to short the input pins to see if it works at the source to check your harness.
What should I see in task manager running ?
“fastio”?

Nope, not that I can see. The exe and dll files are there but fastio is not running.

Well that surely seems like a problem. Double click the fastio.exe to run it. Then open notepad and check it out.

Well that surely seems like a problem. Double click the fastio.exe to run it. Then open notepad and check it out.
Did that, unfortunately it doesn’t do anything, doesn’t seem to run or install anything.

Checked Device Manager and I don't seem to have any unidentified items.
Any chance you can send a photo of the fast io board in the device manager window, so I can see where it should be, or at least try to install it in the correct category?

Checked Device Manager and I don't seem to have any unidentified items.
Any chance you can send a photo of the fast io board in the device manager window, so I can see where it should be, or at least try to install it in the correct category?

See attached

Attachments

• CE5EB61E-CA32-4BEC-8C1B-8B8F3D5A5027.jpeg
    CE5EB61E-CA32-4BEC-8C1B-8B8F3D5A5027.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 077A6CC0-FE3F-4D77-AB25-5B5C72487A49.jpeg
    077A6CC0-FE3F-4D77-AB25-5B5C72487A49.jpeg
    570.8 KB · Views: 98
The green LED on the TTX3 where the ethernet cable plugs in, is it lit when the TTX3 is powered on? If its not there is no registration between the DMAC and FAST I/O.

If it is, are you sure the harness on your FAST I/O is securely plugged in (this got me once)

Back