What's new
you should change a fast io on ttx3. I had tired , I had met once the same problem ,I bought another x3 and fast io amp in vewlex ,it ok, but only one play can useable.

you should change a fast io on ttx3. I had tired , I had met once the same problem ,I bought another x3 and fast io amp in vewlex ,it ok, but only one play can useable.
Yup, I have already ordered another x3 and am now waiting for it to arrive.

I was thinking the same thing, that the IO board inside the x3 was faulty, but was hoping it was not the case. I have tried everything I could, but finally I had to purchase another IO board.

Will update after it arrives and I try it.

So... update.

Got a new TTX3, had to. Got it into the arcade everything ran fine. Put the new Fast io board in the old ttx3, no go. Put the old Fast io board in the new ttx3, ran fine.

Checking the slot where the Fast io went into the old motherboard I saw that it was loose and not stuck onto the board, so I pulled it out to check on it.

Well the pins on the slot are hair thin and I think I broke at least 1 of them... can't put it back now unfortunately.

Seems that the slot was loose all along, it made enough connections for the Fast Io board to turn on on but not enough to connect to the Fast io board inside the arcade.

Solved?

PHOTO-2022-09-01-22-29-42.jpg

Any chance someone can help me identify the slot for the x3, so I can buy another one and maybe solder it?

Thanks

Just build a new pc and use the dmac card. Why would you waste time and resource on soldering a pcie 1x slot on an ancient, not special, pc motherboard from 2011? I mean if its brittle enough to have snapped off the board (wtf) what about the condition of the rest of the board moving forward?

Just build a new pc and use the dmac card. Why would you waste time and resource on soldering a pcie 1x slot on an ancient, not special, pc motherboard from 2011? I mean if its brittle enough to have snapped off the board (wtf) what about the condition of the rest of the board moving forward?
I agree, but, honestly, I have no use for this x3 anymore since I already had to get another one.
Just want to fix it, clean it, test it and then sell it.

I agree, but, honestly, I have no use for this x3 anymore since I already had to get another one.
Just want to fix it, clean it, test it and then sell it.
Fair enough. How are your soldering, or should I say de-soldering skills? Those pins look very small and numerous, not to mention multi layer pcb too. It might be better to replace the x3 mobo with an off the shelf Intel P67 mATX board which you should be able to find cheap, that way you can do a straight swap. That or find an OG board, I think Aliexpress has them mobo only.

Fair enough. How are your soldering, or should I say de-soldering skills? Those pins look very small and numerous, not to mention multi layer pcb too. It might be better to replace the x3 mobo with an off the shelf Intel P67 mATX board which you should be able to find cheap, that way you can do a straight swap. That or find an OG board, I think Aliexpress has them mobo only.
Absolutely 0 soldering skills. But I got in contact with an IT repair shop, said they would replace the slot for 20 euro, I guess desolder the pins and solder in a new slot, so going to try that.
If it works, great, if not, guess I am going to get a new mother board and swap the x3 ones. Will have to ask nam9 where he got that sweet frame if that's the case.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Pretty good deal for 20, damn. Good luck with it man.

Back