What's new

Liquidus0

Student
Reaction score
UPDATE : Capacitors are busted. ebay refunded the unit after a week. No answer from Yaton

I bought recently a unit from arcadefunny (Yaton) on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402757309959

It came NOS, looks untouched. A friend brought me a HDD to make a multi with it.

I plugged it in a NNC, with a DVI to VGA converter, audio 3.5mm and the JVS USB cable in the JAMMA port. But when I power it up, nothing is displayed and I can't hear a thing.

2 red lights light up in the Type X, the green one on the back
and the yellow one under flashes a couple of time then shut.

Did a reseat of the ATI card, unplugged/replugged cables inside and outside, and nothing.

Then I tried it in a Blast with the Capcom JVS/JAMMA adapter, plugged it in the VGA slot for 15kHz, and still nothing.

I couldn't find any video of a multi booting up to see what's the menu, so I could try to blindly navigate and boot a game and hear if sound is working or not.

Another odd thing is that randomly, after 3 minutes, the Type X powers down and restart itself without touching anything. I pushed the test and service buttons also and it did the same thing after 3 minutes.

Any help/comment will be appreciated. Thanks !

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I looked a the dip switch. I read they do nothing, but the 1st and 5th ones were on. Put them in off position and it did nothing.

Also, the model is a 022A.

Do you get any beeps?

Honestly it sounds like it might be DOA. How do the caps look around the CPU?

I bought recently a unit from arcadefunny on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402757309959

It came NOS, looks untouched. A friend brought me a HDD to make a multi with it.

I plugged it in a NNC, with a DVI to VGA converter, audio 3.5mm and the JVS USB cable in the JAMMA port. But when I power it up, nothing is displayed and I can't hear a thing.

2 red lights light up in the Type X, the green one on the back
and the yellow one under flashes a couple of time then shut.

Did a reseat of the ATI card, unplugged/replugged cables inside and outside, and nothing.

Then I tried it in a Blast with the Capcom JVS/JAMMA adapter, plugged it in the VGA slot for 15kHz, and still nothing.

I couldn't find any video of a multi booting up to see what's the menu, so I could try to blindly navigate and boot a game and hear if sound is working or not.

Another odd thing is that randomly, after 3 minutes, the Type X powers down and restart itself without touching anything. I pushed the test and service buttons also and it did the same thing after 3 minutes.

Any help/comment will be appreciated. Thanks !

Ignore the DVI port and just plug into the VGA port and connect the VGA cable to your IO adaptor. Wait about a minute and you should the PC load on your display. 15 & 31kHz via the VGA and DVI ports respectively.

Last edited:
Ignore the DVI port and just plug into the VGA port and connect the VGA cable to your IO adaptor. Wait about a minute and you should the PC load on your display. 15 & 31kHz via the VGA and DVI ports respectively.
Tried that and there was no image, no sound either.

Do you get any beeps?

Honestly it sounds like it might be DOA. How do the caps look around the CPU?
No beeps. One of my friend took a look at it and discover that some capacitors are blown.

I found another Type X, this time from Stefano Bruni webstore.

This one doesn't boot. To be more specific, it's continuously trying to boot each 10 seconds or so.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxz5ceH5Ez4

The red LED near the I/O stays on when it's plugged, but the one near the ram and in the back of the unit are shutting off when it's boot looping.

I already cleaned the ram and the graphic card with Deoxit and reseat them.

This one is a 021A model.

Please see my thread over in the Repair Logs forum for more ideas. I had bad caps on my board, too. Your symptoms sound very close to what mine were after I tried to repair mine initially. So, I had to go back and figure out where I went wrong.

Back