What's new

The Spaniard

Professional
Reaction score
So this is just a little bit of a semi tutorial for noobs like myself that struggle to work things out for weeks on end.

It's not going to be the best of setups that can be done, wiring could be neater but it's what it is and works.

So I wanted to add the ability to use the UD terminal block to my NAC so I could use USB devices externally.

I could't find any .110 terminal connectors so I went to Bunnings (Our version of home depot) to buy these spade connectors.

89qHoxIh.jpg

Of course they are too thick to fit in to the QDs so I took a hammer and flattened out the spade section. :D

Next I went to duplicate the cable so that one end would go to the CP and the other end to the UD decoder.

Here I attempted to crimp the wires onto the connectors but as they are too big I managed to cut straight through them.

So I decided to solder the wires onto the tabs and sort that issue out.

IbO2ibLh.jpg

9sRQJzUh.jpg

I had 2 spare joystick harnesses that I also used to duplicate these controls. I couldn't find a 5 pin header so I got a 6 pin one instead and cut them down to size, soldered on the wires and plugged the other end into the Joystick.

fIp2iBrh.jpg

Not the best of soldering but gets the job done. You may notice that the shrink tube is missing on the yellow wire, I did add it but it fell off and didn't notice it until after I soldered the wire on. Thought fuck it and moved on. :whistling:

Thanks to @Frank_fjs Jamma knife I didn't need to continually hack up my harness to get power.

RlOiDFlh.jpg

From here I took 1 ground, 1 5.0V for the board power, 1 coin switch and 1 test switch.

I then daisy chained all these from the knife edge to one board and then daisied it across to the second board.

x3puPooh.jpg

I then added a USB A cable from the UD board and routed it through the back via a hole in the back panel along with a rubber grommet and out to one on each side, held down with removable sticky pads.

DdxcEt5h.jpg

Final result in the CP

nVaNvVvh.jpg

All works and is usable either from the CP or from external USB devices, its great.

Thanks to @Frank_fjs for his knife @xodaraP for the suggestion to duplicate the existing wires and @undamned for his device that he has made available.

Always good to share these kind of DYI projects :) Another possibility would have been to make 2 (edit) 12 pin and one 10 pin AMP UP passthrough cable, which basically comes down to the same thing but a lot cleaner. I have done this with my NAC to be able to have JVS inputs as well.

Last edited:
I have no clue on what the 15 pin and 10 AMP UP pin is.

I am a noob into arcade so don't almost what options are available to me.

Could you share some pics?

I already looked for the pics, but couldn't find them, will have a look again in a moment (currently migrating my old to new NAS, should be there somewhere).

Basically I've used the connectors where the buttons/joysticks are going to underneath your CP. The row of 3 connectors which the 1P and 2P loom plug in to. This way the "hack" is basically invisible and doesn't clutter the CP at all.

I'd wish I'd know this was a possibility.

It's not a problem for me now but the less cables and cleaners of mods is nice though.

Found them!

So this is the loom I made, as you can see it plugs right in between the connectors.

This is how they sit in the CP, basically hidden.

This was my purpose, Sega JVS IO so I wouldn't need that nasty Capcom IO anymore among other things.

Even got the coin meter wired, got the 5v straight from the PSU which is close to the IO.

Be warned though, crimping all these (especially double-crimping) is a PITA and takes a lot of time.

Last edited:
Wow, that is just some really nice work and loom. Totally great. Mine is total amateur hour and it shows it.

I could probably deal with all the crimping cause it would have taken me maybe less time than how I did it but I dont think I have those kinds of planning skills to make a loom like that.

Seriously bravo!

IF there is anything that can come out of this is that someone can see the proper way to do what I wanted to do but at least get a general idea on how to do it.

Thanks, the most important thing is that both ways work for what it was intended for :)

Have to admit I made it in a multiple day timespan, as it's so freaking tedious and boring. But in the end all the work (usually) pays off.

Thanks, the most important thing is that both ways work for what it was intended for :)

Have to admit I made it in a multiple day timespan, as it's so freaking tedious and boring. But in the end all the work (usually) pays off.
No it is not boring, admit it, you enjoyed it more than playing :P

No it is not boring, admit it, you enjoyed it more than playing :P
I generally enjoy tinkering more than playing, as do you, but for this one I'll really have to make an exception :D

Back