What's new

DJLC

Professional
Reaction score
I got this board in a trade recently but I haven't seen this sticker before.

It looks like a location test version but I cannot find a room date that matches this one but I didn't look very far.

Anyone got any info? I'm not very familiar with this game.

PXL_20210707_013013422.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210707_013108273.jpg
    PXL_20210707_013108273.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 123
Looking at the boards and chips, they're all marked 19xxU and they look final instead of test roms. Also it has an infinikey on it so that's probably a dead give away it's the common version.

Looking at the boards and chips, they're all marked 19xxU and they look final instead of test roms. Also it has an infinikey on it so that's probably a dead give away it's the common version.
You’re probably right, but still doesn’t hurt to double check if you have a programmer. You’d only need to check the program roms, nothing else.

I wonder if it was rewritten either by Capcom or someone who wanted to use Avalaunch ROMs prior to Infinikey

The Capcom hand written label lists the version as 1/8/96 (I’m assuming this is in US format so 8 January 96)

The boot screen says 951207

I’d be interested to see the ROM labels to see if they’re original

I wonder if it was rewritten either by Capcom or someone who wanted to use Avalaunch ROMs prior to Infinikey

The Capcom hand written label lists the version as 1/8/96 (I’m assuming this is in US format so 8 January 96)

The boot screen says 951207

I’d be interested to see the ROM labels to see if they’re original
Here’s three pictures of the roms he sent me. I’ve been thinking about buying this board. I’m not an expert and I also could use some help trying to figure out what’s up with this board. Don’t test location board usually have a board with a lot of rom chips on it?.

Attachments

• 8EE1D5AC-08FF-42E3-AC7E-A60F89450C87.jpeg
    8EE1D5AC-08FF-42E3-AC7E-A60F89450C87.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 0E6722D1-D803-4990-BDE7-27928F27E037.jpeg
    0E6722D1-D803-4990-BDE7-27928F27E037.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 90F457EA-D8AB-4B62-B92F-835FF602CFB7.jpeg
    90F457EA-D8AB-4B62-B92F-835FF602CFB7.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 110
They’re all factory labels that don’t look like they’ve been removed. Factory mask ROMs. Looks good to me

19XU is the correct label for your boot screen (19XX USA region)

Edit: mask ROMs 13 and 15 are not silkscreened. Interesting. Would be cool to see those dumped and if they match MAME

13/15/17/19 also look like they’re not inserted correctly (1 pin down) but it could just be the way they look in a photo

They’re all factory labels that don’t look like they’ve been removed. Factory mask ROMs. Looks good to me

19XU is the correct label for your boot screen (19XX USA region)
Do you think it’s an authentic test location board? I’ve seen some boards, I think it’s called a rom board, where there is an extra board that has a ton of roms on it. Do tests usually have boards like this with them?

Not necessarily. The extra ROM boards are only used on certain games where they needed the additional ROM space, or where they used SIMMS instead of EPROMs

Super SF2, Super SF2 Turbo, Capcom Sports Club all used ROM boards. Progear and Puzz Loop used SIMM boards. There may be others

I am surprised for a location test that it’s using what appears to be final code, but it could be that it wasn’t a location test to test a particular version and more a location test to see if 19xx had a place in that market

Not necessarily. The extra ROM boards are only used on certain games where they needed the additional ROM space, or where they used SIMMS instead of EPROMs

Super SF2, Super SF2 Turbo, Capcom Sports Club all used ROM boards. Progear and Puzz Loop used SIMM boards. There may be others
Thanks. I always wondered what those boards were when I would see them. So do you think this is an original test location board?

I think it was, but it’s not an undumped variant and was probably used to determine if a particular site was going to host a 19xx machine.

Either that or it has had the ROMs replaced with final code after a successful location test

Either way it’s got the label on it and it’s original. I’d be keen to see what’s on those mask ROMs

I have the same game with the same sticker, property of Capcom, I thought it was for a test to see how well the game does

what kind of condition is it in? And are the chips the same? Just curious.

Back