What's new
For Sale
I'd have to arrange for someone to go pick it up - I don't drive, that's the big issue for me. I can get someone to go to ATL freight, but not out of state.

Another option is to look for someone selling a cabinet and then have them draft you a quote from a freight delivery service to tailgate and deliver to your residence.

It was about $800 CAD from my house to a place in Toronto (4200 kilometers give or take) using Purolator with insurance on the full value. Half of those fees were for residential delivery, lol.

I'd have to arrange for someone to go pick it up - I don't drive, that's the big issue for me. I can get someone to go to ATL freight, but not out of state.

Yup, I don’t drive to pickup either. Did you ask him how much freight costs? I don’t know if he personally makes delivery runs or not.

Don't know who this belongs to but it's damn near perfect to what I'm going for. LOL

1655155840755.png

damn near perfect
When I look at that cab, I see extra/console buttons drilled into the port cover (should be a crime to drill original machines).
I see a Nesica Reader with a blue bezel (L-AMI should be black, only Diamond white gets blue, yes they originally came in both but black is rare).

AND just to the left of the machine you can see a wire wrack with consoles on it/all facing the cab...
Yea this guy is a console gamer playing theses console games on a arcade cab.
Jesus I hope this isn't what you've got in mind (aka playing console games in arcade machines).

I DON'T WANA SEE ANOTHER DREAMCAST IN A ARCADE MACHINE FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE (BUY A GOD DAMN NAOMI). *drops mic*

When I look at that cab, I see extra/console buttons drilled into the port cover (should be a crime to drill original machines).
I see a Nesica Reader with a blue bezel (L-AMI should be black, only Diamond white gets blue, yes they originally came in both but black is rare).

AND just to the left of the machine you can see a wire wrack with consoles on it/all facing the cab...
Yea this guy is a console gamer playing theses console games on a arcade cab.
Jesus I hope this isn't what you've got in mind (aka playing console games in arcade machines).

I DON'T WANA SEE ANOTHER DREAMCAST IN A ARCADE MACHINE FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE (BUY A GOD DAMN NAOMI). *drops mic*

You didn’t even mention the yen sticker.

Edit: how is it standard such a clashing color?

Edit: how is it standard such a clashing color?
Taito offered the Nesica reader with a black bezel, but only after the first offering of Nesica live kits.
Nesica launched with the intention of inclusion in the (new at that time) Diamond cab (which originally only came in blue/white).
This bezel MATCHES 100% the Diamond (blue/white) control panel.

Thus the black bezels are rare today, because arcade operators just swapped parts as they pleased (and didn't order more Nesica units after its initial push).
The Yen sticker is actually correct in red, just like the marquee holder is correct in white.
The black Yen sticker didn't appear until the launch of the Diamond black cab, prior to this it only came in blue/red and only Diamond got blue (ALL others red).

Anyways, if you know of stock update this thread. :)

Uh, thanks...
Everyone has different interest levels in this hobby.
You don't need to obsess about colors variations and what would have been original stock.

The main point is don't buy a arcade machine to play console games.
If you do this you are missing the entire point of owning an arcade machine (and worst most of these consolizer/mamers gut the machines with zero fucks).

Yeah, that's kinda what I was saying. ;)

Nobody who refuses to play PCBs on CRTs gets to preach to anyone about passing purity tests, give it a rest already.

Anyways, ignore the resident grump. He's particular and cranky, but he doesn't get to judge what you want.

I'd just get a Chewlix and call it a day if that cab is what you're looking for. You're not going to find a Vewlix with a two player panel, and it's going to be a whole other expense to upgrade to one. Get the knockoff that will come two player ready stock, put your PS4 or whatever it in it, and have a good time.

Authenticity of Vewlixes is overrated unless you're looking for some purity of experience, and you clearly are not. You're not putting it out in public, the build quality isn't going to be an issue, and frankly the stock monitors on originals are old in terms of being used and also tech, and nothing to write home about.

Nobody who refuses to play PCBs on CRTs gets to preach to anyone about passing purity tests, give it a rest already.

Anyways, ignore the resident grump. He's particular and cranky, but he doesn't get to judge what you want.

I'd just get a Chewlix and call it a day if that cab is what you're looking for. You're not going to find a Vewlix with a two player panel, and it's going to be a whole other expense to upgrade to one. Get the knockoff that will come two player ready stock, put your PS4 or whatever it in it, and have a good time.

Authenticity of Vewlixes is overrated unless you're looking for some purity of experience, and you clearly are not. You're not putting it out in public, the build quality isn't going to be an issue, and frankly the stock monitors on originals are old in terms of being used and also tech, and nothing to write home about.

This is the kind of honest feedback I'm here for. Thanks!

Authenticity of Vewlixes is overrated unless you're looking for some purity of experience, and you clearly are not.
I actually completely agree with this statement.
BECAUSE arcade machines are for arcade games.

I had no idea this is what he was planning when I recommended buying a real VLX over a CLX (or I would have NEVER done it).

Well I didn't mention it because it wasn't relevant. ;)

I have CRTs and a Supergun if I'm hell bent on that. I cannot feasibly get what I want for arcade purity. This is to slide a PC in and play modern games with.

I have arranged delivery meetups in the past where like one guy comes out and grabs several machines for their self and others near them.

Normally just stick with Beltmann/CRST/STI for home delivery service but I can and have done personal deliveries with a van or etc as far as 7 hours out from me. It starts to get pretty expensive for me to charge for just one machine for delivery once the hours on the road add up a lot more. Especially with today gas prices unfortunately.

Though some people don't mind the extra expense for me to do hand delivery, so knowledgeable hands handle it and there's less time on the road or less hands touching them.

I actually completely agree with this statement.
BECAUSE arcade machines are for arcade games.

I had no idea this is what he was planning when I recommended buying a real VLX over a CLX (or I would have NEVER done it).

With LCD's I actually, personally, from a collectors stand point don't mind if you run PC's in the cabinet or consoles in fact there's a bit of charm in trying to find or play games not specifically made for arcades on an arcade cabinet.

There are right and wrong ways to do things from a "pure" non intrusive way. Like you can easily run all of your wiring for consoles or PC along side your factory harness or make some fancy plug in adapters or something; without molesting the harness and you get the best of both worlds. Easily switching back to JVS/Fast IO etc arcade system boards if need be.

This also means if you decide to trade to another machine or sell the machine later on its not a huge hassle for the next buyer if they want to run the cabinet stock. Cause if your randomly drilling holes around or splicing and tapping cables who ever touches it next may not appreciate that and would be a turn off lol

There are right and wrong ways to do things from a "pure" non intrusive way.
Totally, and while not ALL consolizer/MAME'er are guilty of this... I've found the majority only care about getting console X up and running.
They do whatever is needed at that exact moment in time to make that happen, harness are cut up, parts are removed and sold (if we are lucky, just trashed if we are not).
When the whole thing finally loses its appeal (or they decide to install console Y) these are sold/dumped in various states of disrepair.

Really what these folks want is something that LOOKS like an arcade machine.
BUT NOT an actual arcade machine (because arcade machines play arcade games)! ;)

I didn't mean to spit on anyone's opinion, I just didn't explain because I wanted to stay on topic (getting me a cabinet, LOL!)

But yes, I don't disagree with the sentiment. I'm not going to be using this for JAMMA or even 4:3 games (well, I'll probably still put MAME on the PC and I do have a few decent scalers.)

But the #1 thing this is for, is STEAM and watching movies in my new bedroom. :P

That's what I thought. Just looking to buy now! :)

I for one consolized my vewlix F but did not cut wires or drilled anything. All the wiring and stock stuff is there. If you want to add extra buttons to that blank panel where that guy drilled holes to hes stock chewlix and you dont want to. You can get this instead.

I got this instead of drilling holes to my stock panel thingy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1238203744...RL4f9elQKW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I have a PC in my Vewlixes. Because authentic hardware for Vewlixes are just PCs anyways, and mostly trash. Crappy PCs and worse versions of the games. Once we left the PCB era behind arcade hardware became pretty lame.

I didn't hack a thing, just made new harnesses for my Brook boards that plug right into the stock wiring, it's easy. There's no reason to cut things up. But honestly if you do it's your cab and can be fixed up later, not like none of us have bought cabs with fucked up wiring that needed new harnesses before.

People are frankly too precious. You should see the ugly hacks real arcades make to their cabs. Yes, even in Japan, though lordy the things unskilled, underpaid Round 1 techs do will make you cry.

You guys have been wonderful in helping me understand that a Chewlix is probably the best thing for me.

I'm knowledgeable enough to get the default panel wired into USB encoders for the PC, etc. The only thing I'm even a little "worried" about is replacing the LCD..

The only thing I'm even a little "worried" about is replacing the LCD..
I'm not sure how the mounts are inside a Chewlix, but really thats the only challenge in replacing a LCD in a real VLX.
Sometimes due to the way it mounts ports are blocked, so you might need to drill or cut away part of the mounting frame, other times you can get away with a simple HDMI right/left angle adapter.
arstone_hd_ara2_hdmi_270_degree_right_angle_898807.jpg

You guys have been wonderful in helping me understand that a Chewlix is probably the best thing for me.

I'm knowledgeable enough to get the default panel wired into USB encoders for the PC, etc. The only thing I'm even a little "worried" about is replacing the LCD..
All the Chewies I've seen lately have their cables down vertically down as opposed to horizontally outwards - mine included.

You just need to reroute the existing cable to your computer from the Pandora. Much easier if you gut everything out.

You can also wire up the coin mech to your Brooks board and map it as a coin button in RetroArch.

I have a PC in my Vewlixes. Because authentic hardware for Vewlixes are just PCs anyways, and mostly trash. Crappy PCs and worse versions of the games. Once we left the PCB era behind arcade hardware became pretty lame.

I didn't hack a thing, just made new harnesses for my Brook boards that plug right into the stock wiring, it's easy. There's no reason to cut things up. But honestly if you do it's your cab and can be fixed up later, not like none of us have bought cabs with fucked up wiring that needed new harnesses before.

People are frankly too precious. You should see the ugly hacks real arcades make to their cabs. Yes, even in Japan, though lordy the things unskilled, underpaid Round 1 techs do will make you cry.
My Sega Pras3's literally came with decent consumer grade PCs in them. :hilarious: I love how much modern arcade cabs are simply PC architecture now, personally - less emulation, better hardware options, and better future preservation. I guess that means I'll be running Street Fighter 6 on day 1 as the arcade Gods at Sega intended it. Mmm, yes - :pompous: I'm so damn good with this.

I miss custom hardware, with specialized processors and undocumented functions.
When arcades went to PC hardware for me it marked the end of my interest in the hobby's future.

Back