What's new

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
I finally got our laser cutter going this week and decided to knock out a PCB enclosure I designed for VV. Bottom is 1/4" black acrylic, top is 1/8" black and "nebula". I plan to redo the feet in black TPU because the pink is too pale compared to the hardware inside (anodized aluminum spacers). I wish the pictures were better; they don't do the cuts/prints justice. I may also replace the silver spacers for o-rings to provide a little cushion on the board.

Any thoughts on the edges of the acrylic? I was thinking about just using a black paint marker to clean it up. The nebula edge sticks out quite a bit, color wise.

Attachments

• vv_2.PNG
    vv_2.PNG
    936.3 KB · Views: 80
  • vv_1.PNG
    vv_1.PNG
    931.2 KB · Views: 75
  • vv_3.PNG
    vv_3.PNG
    747.3 KB · Views: 79
  • vv_4.PNG
    vv_4.PNG
    312.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I must admit 1st thing I saw was bathroom scales, nice work but will the board not everheat?

That filament with gold particles looks amazing! Great taste overall, I really like it.
Thanks! I really appreciate that. I think the black feet will tie it all together. Just waiting on filament.

I must admit 1st thing I saw was bathroom scales, nice work but will the board not everheat?

Ha, I can see that. No, this board will not overheat. There is plenty of airflow and nothing on this board runs that hot.

That said, I'm doing primal rage next and am thinking about machining better heat sinks with fan mounts for any "hot" components. Then, I'll anodize them with a splash or acid wash for some nice detail :) gonna have to break out the thermal camera to see what difference it makes.

Awesome work! I'm in the process of getting my CO2 laser up and running as well, and PCB cases is definitely something I wanna do for several of my games. I was lucky enough to score a decent 50w 6040 for free, but I've spent quite a bit of money so far just making it a bit safer.

Back