What's new
I replaced the controller and the issue still persists so it wasn't any busted pots. Next I can try is to swap the cables from my 2nd cab to see if the cables are the issue.

Okay, I've checked my cables and it's fine. I've boiled it down to the pots on the chassis itself. I might have to reflow solder to the joints on those. In the case that they are bad, are they 15k ohm pots? If I need to replace them, I want to make sure I'm getting the right ones.

There's quite a few different valued pots. Which ones are you thinking of replacing?

Before replacing, I would reflow the solder joints and spray some contact cleaner on the pots. It's usually enough to fix these (not always, but usually).

There's quite a few different valued pots. Which ones are you thinking of replacing?

Before replacing, I would reflow the solder joints and spray some contact cleaner on the pots. It's usually enough to fix these (not always, but usually).
The one on the chassis itself. Not on the controller.

So the issue right now is that the horizontal get stretched, but snaps back, correct?

also the vertical position is off and eventually goes to the right place. After adjusting the horizontal pots on the chassis, I haven't seen the horizontal stretch issue happen again. I adjusted the vertical pot as well so that even when it's messed up now, it's not quite as noticeable. It's just slightly high. I might just get replacement pots and replace them.

You can just replace a pot by the code number stamped somewhere into the pot Itself, for example 203 =20k ohm
I decided to try and see if I can replace these pots. Just to confirm, these are the values on the pots. It’s 5k, 30k, 3k, 3k, and 1k right? According to those numbers.

Attachments

• 332580E7-3B03-4D2C-BAA5-F2E6CB952786.jpeg
    332580E7-3B03-4D2C-BAA5-F2E6CB952786.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 56
It seems like those exact values are kind of hard to find. It's usually 1K, 5K, 10K, 20K, 50K. I'm assuming 5K will work for the 3K and 50K will work for the 30K?

I ended up ordering exact value replacements from arcadeparts. I’ll replace them when they get here and see if my issue gets fixed.

sounds like you already sorted them, but digikey or mouser should have a wide variety of trim pots.

Back