What's new

imfuraisoth

Student
Reaction score
I replaced the controller and the issue still persists so it wasn't any busted pots. Next I can try is to swap the cables from my 2nd cab to see if the cables are the issue.

imfuraisoth

Student
Reaction score
Okay, I've checked my cables and it's fine. I've boiled it down to the pots on the chassis itself. I might have to reflow solder to the joints on those. In the case that they are bad, are they 15k ohm pots? If I need to replace them, I want to make sure I'm getting the right ones.

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
There's quite a few different valued pots. Which ones are you thinking of replacing?

Before replacing, I would reflow the solder joints and spray some contact cleaner on the pots. It's usually enough to fix these (not always, but usually).

imfuraisoth

Student
Reaction score
There's quite a few different valued pots. Which ones are you thinking of replacing?

Before replacing, I would reflow the solder joints and spray some contact cleaner on the pots. It's usually enough to fix these (not always, but usually).
The one on the chassis itself. Not on the controller.

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
So the issue right now is that the horizontal get stretched, but snaps back, correct?

imfuraisoth

Student
Reaction score
also the vertical position is off and eventually goes to the right place. After adjusting the horizontal pots on the chassis, I haven't seen the horizontal stretch issue happen again. I adjusted the vertical pot as well so that even when it's messed up now, it's not quite as noticeable. It's just slightly high. I might just get replacement pots and replace them.