What's new

Primetrib

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace a vewlix diamond blue amp (short term) and speakers (long term), but want to confirm I'm planning this correctly. Pretty new to audio tinkering so any guidance appreciated!

1. I've seen folks use this amp (fosi tb10a) in their vewlix, so I assume there is no issue powering the stock speakers. I'm having trouble finding specs on the stock speakers but would this require parallel wiring the 4 speakers (vs series wiring)?
2. On the forums I've seen the dayton PC83-4 used for speaker replacements as they're nearly the same size as the stock round speakers. It seems like 4 of these would work fine with this particular amp with a parallel wiring configuration (2 per channel), as the speakers have a 4Ω impedance and would be wired 2 in parallel per channel (4/2 = 2Ω) and the amp has a terminating impedance range of 2-8Ω. Is this correct?

Thanks

EDIT: Realizing now this post should probably be moved to here if any mods are able to do so: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/general-arcade-tech-help.7/

Update: I ended up going with the Daytons but a Fosi Audio BL20C amp as it had an output for an active subwoofer. I ended up doing a series wiring setup which worked great and provides more than enough juice to the speakers. They Daytons are a perfect fit replacement for the stock vewlix speakers (no physical mods needed). I'm keeping the original speakers in case I want to restore the cab to it's original state down the road.

Last edited:
If the stock sound amp still works I'll buy it from you.

The taito amp pcb board I mean

I'm looking to replace a vewlix diamond blue amp (short term) and speakers (long term), but want to confirm I'm planning this correctly. Pretty new to audio tinkering so any guidance appreciated!

1. I've seen folks use this amp (fosi tb10a) in their vewlix, so I assume there is no issue powering the stock speakers. I'm having trouble finding specs on the stock speakers but would this require parallel wiring the 4 speakers (vs series wiring)?
2. On the forums I've seen the dayton PC83-4 used for speaker replacements as they're nearly the same size as the stock round speakers. It seems like 4 of these would work fine with this particular amp with a parallel wiring configuration (2 per channel), as the speakers have a 4Ω impedance and would be wired 2 in parallel per channel (4/2 = 2Ω) and the amp has a terminating impedance range of 2-8Ω. Is this correct?

Thanks

EDIT: Realizing now this post should probably be moved to here if any mods are able to do so: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/general-arcade-tech-help.7/

The Chewlixes come with those Lepai clones like this:
1657784286393.png

I bet literally this exact model would be fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Lepai-LP-2020TI-Instruments-TPA3118-Amplifier/dp/B071FJF4FF

If the stock sound amp still works I'll buy it from you.

The taito amp pcb board I mean

I'm going to be keeping all the stock parts for now in case down the road I want to restore it to original setup. If I change my mind though, I'll definitely reach out.

Back