What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So hooking up my Vewlix to run JAMMA boards, and getting a lot of audio popping. It occurs to me that unlike JVS, JAMMA boards have audio amplifiers on them so I'm in essence hooking two amps up in sequence. Anyone know of a quick fix for this, or do I need to figure out wiring to bypass the amp? If the later, anyone know off hand what the resistance is of the Vewlix speaker array?

1625229735342.png

You need to change speaker level to line level to hook up to the amp, or wire directly to speakers. All speakers are 4Ω each, connected in series per channel, so...seen as 8Ω speaker.

You are also going to want to add some type of galvanic isolation.

Last edited:
1625229735342.png

You need to change speker level to line level to hook up to the amp, or wire directly to speakers. All speakers are 4Ω each, connected in series per channel, so...seen as 8Ω speaker.

You are also going to want to add some type of galvanic isolation.
I've been looking at speaker to line level circuits, but as it's not something I have any experience with I don't know which options are better than others. Most seem targeted at car audio setups. Anything you can recommend?

I've been looking at speaker to line level circuits, but as it's not something I have any experience with I don't know which options are better than others. Most seem targeted at car audio setups. Anything you can recommend?
I can build you one of these if you are interested, I think I still have some spare parts for them, basic, simple, effective.

1624369924097.png

If you want to try it out yourself, just do a search for audio attenuation.

The simplest being this type.

1625235095993.png

I can build you one of these if you are interested, I think I still have some spare parts for them, basic, simple, effective.

1624369924097.png

If you want to try it out yourself, just do a search for audio attenuation.

The simplest being this type.

1625235095993.png

I'd definitely be interested. If you've the parts I can do the assembly, but I'd not object to having it prebuilt. Price?

So had an epiphany that my CPSx boards should work as they have line level stereo output. Got my CPS3 running (even if it does look like a rat made of wires exploded).
IMG_0914.jpg

Tried my CPS2 as well, but getting no sound out of the q-sound RCA ports.... something I'll have to look into. Still want to get a solution for amplified boards. @Derick2k were you able to check if you had a PCB etc?

So had an epiphany that my CPSx boards should work as they have line level stereo output. Got my CPS3 running (even if it does look like a rat made of wires exploded).
IMG_0914.jpg

Tried my CPS2 as well, but getting no sound out of the q-sound RCA ports.... something I'll have to look into. Still want to get a solution for amplified boards. @Derick2k were you able to check if you had a PCB etc?
Yup, have enough to make a couple, pm me your address.

Got the kit and assembled it, thanks much! Will hook it up this afternoon.
That was fast, let me know how it works out for you. A little overkill on the parts I chose, but it was for my personal use.
I was out of spacers/standoffs , but it should mount over the Taito amp without issues. Let me know it works out for you.

That was fast, let me know how it works out for you. A little overkill on the parts I chose, but it was for my personal use.
I was out of spacers/standoffs , but it should mount over the Taito amp without issues. Let me know it works out for you.

Popped it into the cabinet (not mounted, just loose for now) and I get sound. So going to assume it's all working, will experiment with different boards, but so far so good. Thanks again.

Popped it into the cabinet (not mounted, just loose for now) and I get sound. So going to assume it's all working, will experiment with different boards, but so far so good. Thanks again.
Thats a good sign :thumbsup: Its a super simple circuit, so it all should work without issues. Enjoy it, hope you get good use out of it. Any questions just hit me up.

Back