What's new
For Sale

tronbaby

Student
Reaction score
I’ve got 2 almost identical setups so I’m parting with one to make room for something else.
It’s in immaculate condition. There are no scratches, marks or damage anywhere. It does look stunning, see pics.

Running inside is an Alienware R51 X2 Windows 10 64-bit PC. It has an i5-4440 processor @ 3.1GHz, GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, 128GB SSD system drive for rapid bootup and a 4TB drive for emulators/games/roms etc. It also has inbuilt WiFi. The Alienware R51 is a small form factor case and fits perfectly on the shelf in the cab.

It has been a labour of love. I’ve setup Hyperspin from scratch and made sure all systems and games are working perfectly.
As the PC is really powerful, it plays modern PC games like SFV Arcade Edition perfectly at 1080p. Emulation is also flawless for Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube etc.
It also comes with a wireless gamepad adapter and a wireless XBOX 360 controller (with USB rechargeable battery and cable), setup to play on many of the console systems which are better on a pad.

It runs on standard UK 230V power supply. There an extension block within the unit that powers the pc and audio amp, so just one external power cable from the cab.
The whole system is setup to boot up and load Hyperspin when powered on. No need to do anything separate with the PC. You can shutdown the system through Hyperspin which powers down the pc. It’s then safe to turn off the power to the cabinet. I’ve made it super easy to use.
For extra convenience, I’ve installed an led power button under the control panel (above the coin mech) which can be used to power down the PC in case it ever crashes. The LED indicates if the PC is on or off (see one of the pics)

There’s also a mini Bluetooth keyboard included (see pics) so you can easily control the PC should you want to exit Hyperspin and do anything in Windows.

I’ve installed 3 additions buttons on the control panel face plate. One for Start (to select a system and start a game), one for Back (to exit a system or exit a running game) and one for Coin (to add credits in game). The second, smaller control panel face plate has a twin usb hub installed so you can plug peripherals straight into the cab to connect to the pc. Great for charging the gamepad or attaching a light gun or other peripheral if you want.
I’ve also included the original (undrilled) faceplates should you ever want to put it back to original condition.

It has a fully working coin mech that I’ve never used but it’s all wired up. There is also a working JAMMA harness if you want to hook it up to a JAMMA board/unit. You will need to reconnect the wires to the control panel but all wires are present. Note: you will need an adaptor for CGA/EGA/YUV to VGA for video output from JAMMA to the LCD screen. You can pick these up for £20, but I don’t think it’s worth bothering, I never did.

The monitor has 2 connections VGA and DVI, both cables included. The PC uses DVI output for best quality. The monitor looks brilliant in game, bright and crisp, especially at 1080p. It’s only in Windows that small text fonts don’t look as sharp as on a regular PC monitor, but that’s not noticeable in any game.

The control panel uses an Ultimarc usb iPac2 with latest firmware. The Ultimarc is brilliant as buttons can be configured to be keyboard key presses or gamepad presses, which is used for many of the PC games installed.

I paid £1000 for the Chewlix, over £200 for the Taito 2 player control panel with Sanwa sticks and buttons, £500 for the PC and £50 for the extra control panel face plates and buttons etc.

I’m looking for £1,600 for the fully working system which seems fair for what I’ve invested in parts and time. The basic Chewlix cabs go for £2K now on eBay and the only other comparable Hyperspin setup is going for £2,400 so it seems reasonable.

Delivery I suggest is through Martin as it’s not got a mark on it and he’s always been solid.

Payment only through PayPal with friends and family.
For peace of mind, my eBay ID is tronbaby. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tronbaby
I’m also the Guiness World Record holder for the largest collection of Transformers memorabilia. You can see me on page 72 of the 2020 edition of the book :)

Front.jpg
Control Panel.jpg
ipac2.jpg
Inside.jpg
Gamepad.jpg

More pics to view here...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mdfcVpH6BKqoDGb96

A video of SFV running here...
https://bit.ly/2lSOlYh

Attachments

• CP Open.jpg
    CP Open.jpg