What's new

notsonic

Champion
Reaction score
When I got my Vewlix it came with no I/O mounting plate (I'll give you one guess who it came from ;)) and I've always wanted to get a replacement. I actually found one on Ali Express and bit the bullet but I still wanted to model something so it would be easier to swap around I/O boards if necessary.

Vewlix IO Plate.png Vewlix IO Plate Reduced.png

I have two models here. One is a full recreation of the original plate. The other is a little more reasonable to 3d print. It just barely fits my printer at 250mm wide. (In the pics you'll see I had tried to make the model smaller but didn't realize the hold down stud actually tightens down at the far right of the slot. I've fixed the model to include the full slot.) I made up mounting posts out of a 6mm cylinder and a 2.5mm hole. I originally intended on using 3mm self tappers, but I ended up drilling the holes clean with a 2.5mm bit and fine thread 3mm screws work just fine.

PXL_20230312_211353154.jpg PXL_20230312_211254643.jpg PXL_20230312_211530673.jpg PXL_20230312_212133602.jpg PXL_20230312_212409316.jpg

Attachments

• Vewlix IO Plates.zip
    35.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for this.

Wonder if this would fit a chewlix. This would be so much better than my MDF version :D

Thanks! I hope it fits...I don't actually have any experience with Chewlixes. Is there anything under the control panel there? If it's not the same, but there is something there to attach to, I'd be willing to put something together if you could take pics and measurements.

I don't believe it's anything like the vewlix tbh. There's no mounting threads I can see for it. Happy to take pics/measurements in the next few days or so.

Nice to be able to fit brook ufb and/or the fast io/sega jvs io on it.

Thanks for doing this! I was looking to do something similar later down the line so you've saved me a job for sure! I appreciate you modeling up the original as well as your 'lite' version :thumbup:

I printed the fixed reduced one and it came out good. I think the posts for the narrow board need to be closer together horizontally about half a mm. PET flexes enough to work but I'd like to eventually fix the model.

PXL_20230315_201843307.jpg

Back