What's new
For Sale
Bought a bunch of these and installed them on:

2 x New Astro City
1 x Astro City 2
1 x Blast City
1 x Egret 2

@FrancoB's guide was excellent and the install process was extremely simple. About 10 minutes each cab.

Was a real nice touch to include zip ties and self-adhesive clips. Forced me to clean up the coin mech area nicely in the cabs.

A few thoughts:

Be mindful of what's noted in the manual about screw removal. I came really close to totally stripping a couple of stubborn screws in one of my Astro's using what I thought was a JIS screwdriver from Vessel, but it actually isn't :( Even the Neji-Saurus couldn't make these ones budge. Took my time and applied heavy pressure to finally make them move.

Removing the two screws on the Astro's also gave me an opportunity to optimally line up the coin entry, a couple of my cabs had some coins slip in the past and I've figured this out to be a slot alignment problem now.

On two of my cabs, the reject button was getting stuck. At first I thought it was the mech sticking, but it was the reject button at fault - a nice light hit of WD-40 to clear out the gunk and then trigger fingering it, made them good as new.

With the Egret 2, I had to remove the coin door completely to gain access. It's a pretty tight and tricky area, so you'll need a stubby/short screwdriver for it.

The manual shows the "L" of prong sticking out for the connectors on the switch , but I had some decent luck instead routing these behind and combining them into the clip. YMMV.

One of my Astro cabs doesn't have the metal piece that sits behind the reject button, so I'll have to source one to install this remaining kit. If anyone has a spare by chance, please holla!

Top work, thanks for making these @FrancoB -- I give them my highest recommendation, now my cabs have the best of both worlds with no obstructions!

A few thoughts:

Be mindful of what's noted in the manual about screw removal. I came really close to totally stripping a couple of stubborn screws in one of my Astro's using what I thought was a JIS screwdriver from Vessel, but it actually isn't :( Even the Neji-Saurus couldn't make these ones budge. Took my time and applied heavy pressure to finally make them move.

Being the *sswipe that I am, I carefully tried it with a PH2 screwdriver, but the screws didn't budge at all on my Astro. Looking at the differences between a PH and JIS bit, I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but I'm sure Franco is right (as usual :D). I've been looking locally, but they seem pretty hard to find here.

@Sp33dFr34k - glad you got yours ok in the end buddy!

@djsheep - Great to hear yours made their way over to you too.

Thanks for the feedback both of you. I always try and make things the best I can so I'm happy you're happy ^^

Yeah you do need to be careful removing some of the screws as they can be quite easy to round off if you're not careful. This is one of those occasions where it really is important you use 'the right tool for the job'. PH2 is close to JIS2 and you might get away with it if the screw isn't too tight and you apply plenty of axial force but it's still all to easy to cam out and round over the screw. Even with a JIS driver I was struggling to remove the screws holding the coin guide on the E2 mount and I feared I would round them over so I stopped. I have an impact driver that has different impact levels so I set it to a low one and a couple of 'impact hammers' released the screws easily. I'll definitely try that method again in future for stubborn screws.

@Sp33dFr34k - If you need a bit set that includes JIS 1, 2 and 3 bits I was going to reccommend [this] set as it's decent and under £11 but looking on [Amazon.nl it's 23 Euros] X/

@zouzzz - sure thing, I've just restocked on some components. I'll shoot you a PM, thanks.

This One has been my go to JIS screwdriver for many years now.
used it on both my NAC's to totally strip the cabs even those really tough ones on the 2 halves of the shell, never stripped a screw... yet!

Thanks @FrancoB! I don't see myself needing an entire set (also noticed the price difference on nl which is kind of weird), so I ordered this one last night. Hopefully that will do the trick :)
And we got a winner! Using the linked screwdriver I finally got the screws off, the kit works beautifully as expected, thanks again @FrancoB! :)

I ordered mine too, I think it's one of the best I've seen for the coin mechanism, it's going to get saturated with orders 😅👋

It's one of the easiest kit to install, very straightforward includes extra accessories to make everything look like it came from factory. The screws for both of my Vewlix were easy to unscrew, but my Atomiswave was scary. Luckily, I removed the service door completely to give me space to work with. At first, both screws seem to be really tight, and I had a feeling I might strip it. Somehow I managed to unscrew one of the two. On the second screw, I know that if I force it, it'll strip so what I did was took a little rubber hammer and smack the piece at the corner where it goes in the counter clock wise direction as if I'm unscrewing it. With enough force, I was lucky to unscrewed it.

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday and installed it on my NAC.
Instructions were clear af and it's really, really well designed! Works beautifully!

Thanks so much for all your effort in getting these done @FrancoB!

Confirm for NAC / AC ones ! ✌🏻

@FrancoB … what im wondering if the kit can be used on Aero too . Is possible for this cab too?

As @FrancoB and other great members confirmed , this kit is super easy to be installed .
With this occasion , ive adjust the microswitch and now everytime i put 100yen , take the credit without any problem (in the past i struggled with this problem but after i disassambled all from coin door , ive managed to put the microswith in the right place)

Kudos to @FrancoB ✌🏻

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/4h-8Ia87eC0?feature=share

Last edited:
Great product. If I could ask if there is a similar product for woodies? It would be great to not unlock the damn coin door and Coin-up 1000x times , or drill a perfectly good cab.

I installed my Vewlix kit as soon as I got it. Since the reject button doesn't have its own spring and relies on the coin acceptor spring, I had to swap out my Any Coin for the original mechanical acceptor. Works great! The 3D printed arm for the microswitch makes the screw heads bump against the coin chute when I close the door, but that's very minor since I'm not in there all the time.

I was worried I'd have to swap in the original coin acceptor in my Astro, too, which I've never been able to adjust right, so I had been putting off the Astro install. But the coin reject on the Astro appears to have its own return spring, so I'm able to use the coin reject mod with an Any Coin.

I'm happy. Great work!

@PlayYing - I'm afraid I don't have any versions for woodies. I'm not sure if any else makes anything?

@9999 Damage - Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear everything's working well on the whole. In regards to the the screws grazing the coin chute, I'm afraid you're suffering from early adopter syndrome :D I had feedback from one other person about this early on and I changed the design. There is some more information in [this] post.

I'm more than happy to send you out an updated replacement arm FOC if you want one, just let me know.

@shipwreck00 - I've still got parts in to make a few of these, let me know what you need ^^

Back