What's new
I was actually thinking of the Naomi version of VO, which is why I referred to it as a cart. Didn't even look where this thread was posted. Oops.

It sits between the CPU board and the ROM board. Same size as the ROM board.

EDIT: nevermind, I forgot Model 2A is different to 2B/C. See below for correct placement.

Last edited:
Reactions: stj
i'v never seen one - does it have any programmable stuff on it?
where is it relative to the board-stack?
i have a virtual-on 2B-CRX cage here somewhere.
1626024389160.png

Here's a pic from an ebay post. It goes on the bottom under the main board.

Reactions: stj
have you tried just disconnecting all of the PCBs in the stack and re-seating them?

or tried different optical cables?

it seems really odd to me that networking would have stopped working, you changed cables and now it's partially working?

have you tried just disconnecting all of the PCBs in the stack and re-seating them?

or tried different optical cables?

it seems really odd to me that networking would have stopped working, you changed cables and now it's partially working?
I disconnected, wiped all boards and connectors gently with a new paint brush to remove any dust, then reconnected all. I tried

...pulling out original cables and connected them directly 2 by 2 (without joining them in the middle). same issue. then tried new cable same issue. (12 feet so connected directly without having to join 2 cables as the original 5 foot cables were )

Just curious... did you ever figure this out?

Just curious... did you ever figure this out?
Hey Kazuo, no luck yet. I found a replacement Communication Board for $100 AUD including shipping so going to try that next and will post an update for sure. It's shipping from Australia to Canada, so it should arrive near the end of this month if all goes well. If that doesn't work, at least I have a replacement part for the future.

does the self-check test that eprom on the comms board??

Success! New communication board in the second unit did the trick. So thrilled. Thanks everyone for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-005456_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210827-005456_Video Player.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 78
Back