What's new

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
Is there any way to update one of these in 2022 to the last available version (revision 19765)?

Problem is I have one version A rev. 19745, and one version B rev. 19765. Naturally, they won't link up in multi.

Also, is it normal that I have a HDD that will work with any dongle? Doesn't matter what dongle I pair it up with, even different region / language. It's too bad you can't clone these drives.

this is for DX and not DX+ right?

These were install at the factory and install media was never released ? The recent TP release has me hoping that someday, maybe it could be done.

Well, at least different region, same language, same revision games will link up. I bought an Asian 3DX+ rev. 19765 and it pairs with my Chinese one.

Also, if there was any uncertainty on how these things are locked, the games are just tied to their dongles (well, except for the one hard drive I have that will work with any dongle, but this is an anomaly). You can freely swap motherboards and graphics cards between these games. The only thing you need to watch out for is that the Japanese language version needs a 7800GS and the English language will want a 7600GS. It will throw a 'Failed to mount img' error with the wrong card. These cards also have specific firmware, you can't just drop any 7x00GS card in. I'll look in to dumping the firmwares at some point.

Last edited:
Back