What's new

Susurrous

Beginner
Reaction score
Could use some help identifying these ROM chips. I think they might be the CPS1 ROMS for Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, but can't be positive. Also, what does the A / B designation after the 21/22/23 mean?
Are they compatible with one another or would plugging them into a PCB and powering it on create a crater the size of Gibraltar?

s-l500 (1).jpg

They’re genuine Capcom SF2:CE ROMs. Most commonly those three chips are removed and replaced with Hyper Fighting ROMs, Red Wave, Rainbow, etc.

Is there any issue with them being 21A, 22B, and 23B?

The video tutorials I just watched online all have matching letters such as 21A, 22A, 23A.

Last edited:
YES,
Could use some help identifying these ROM chips. I think they might be the CPS1 ROMS for Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, but can't be positive. Also, what does the A / B designation after the 21/22/23 mean?
Are they compatible with one another or would plugging them into a PCB and powering it on create a crater the size of Gibraltar?

s-l500 (1).jpg
Compatible with each other

I have the same rom 21a but I can't make a copy of it by tl866ii. does anyone have a copy of this rom to provide me?

Back