What's new

St4rgalaqtic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys just needed to know what board I should go after for a multikit. I recently picked up a D&D Tower of Doom from a auction. Expecting the b board to be suicided and A board to be working. So I could use it for a multi. Plug it into the cab and it fired right up, only issue is the fan on the A board is dead.

So now I have a dilemma, I really don't want to suicide this board on purpose as I am guessing its still running on battery as it doesn't look to have ever been opened. Still has the capcom sticker over the security bolt.

So I'm thinking I just go after what ever is the cheapest B board and either sell this to a collector or keep it for myself. Games kinda good it's my first time playing it

Last edited:
Marvel vs. Capcom is a good donor board and not too expensive.

So you'll find this is the same information in most threads, but concern over suiciding B boards isnt really a thing anymore. Not only does the DS kit have key writing now, so you can run the exact original data on for whatever game you would like and also not worry about having a working battery, but it's heavily recommended that anyone who has a non-suicided B board install a infinikey and remove the battery anyway to future-proof it. This also applies to games that are confirmed "dead", infinikey or the DS kit will bring it back to life.

The amount of collectors that you'll find who actually care about having the original battery are closer to zero than any at all anymore. My vampire savior also had the original capcom stickers- never opened. Doesn't really add any value, and is honestly probably worth the extra couple bucks more in value now after removing them, installing the infinikey, then just putting the capcom stickers back on. Really, the extra value added is just in the parts + labor of installing the infinikey.

A marvel vs street fighter, MvC, or Xmen COTA as a trade + cash so someone can have an original D&D would be some good targets if you're looking for the cheapest CPS2 game. GLW the hunt and nabbing the kit :thumbup: one of the best arcade investments you'll ever make

I have a suicided COTA rev7 asia board with the a-board maybe you need them to your cps2 multi

I really don't want to suicide this board on purpose as I am guessing its still running on battery as it doesn't look to have ever been opened.
No way thats an original battery, it would have already died by now if so.
It was likely swapped at some point, so while the original key could very well be intact you should stop thinking of it as "original" because at this point its closer to a revived.

So lets talk about revival for a sec...
What is it? Reprogramming the key back into the B-board.
Dose this fix sucide? YUP!
Dose this bootleg or otherwise hurt the collectablity of the board, nope you can't even tell its been done in most cases.

How is this different from Phoenix?
Key is never restored to B-board, its instead converted to decrypted.
Dose this bootleg or otherwise hurt the collectablity of the board? Yes! Its very clear this has been done and I wouldn't personally buy one (or I would demand to pay less for it, a lot fucking less cuz I'm a opinionated loudmouth dick sometimes).

When a CPS2 suicides today dose that even matter anymore?
Nope, just replace the battery and reprogram the key (revival method) its indistinguishable from an original.

Long story short we can just reprogram keys now (Arcadehacker's work made that a reality) so none of this "suicide" stuff matters at all anymore.
Don't be a pussy, nuke that key (when you are playing every CPS2 game made on the multi you'll forget all about it). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't want to suicide this board on purpose as I am guessing its still running on battery as it doesn't look to have ever been opened.
You would absolutely be surprised how long those batteries last when stored properly or in use all these years.

There absolutely still are running games on original batteries.

You would absolutely be surprised how long those batteries last when stored properly or in use all these years.
There absolutely still are running games on original batteries.
like my post above. I just got this VSAV not but about 2 or 3 months ago. Still ran perfect on the original battery. I just swapped it out for an infinikey because...why wouldn't you?

So lets talk about revival for a sec...
What is it? Reprogramming the key back into the B-board.
Dose this bootleg or otherwise hurt the collectablity of the board, nope you can't even tell its been done in most cases.

How is this different from Phoenix?
Key is never restored to B-board, its instead converted to decrypted.
Dose this bootleg or otherwise hurt the collectablity of the board? Yes! Its very clear this has been done and I wouldn't personally buy one (or I would demand to pay less for it, a lot fucking less cuz I'm a opinionated loudmouth dick sometimes).

Long story short we can just reprogram keys now (Arcadehacker's work made that a reality) so none of this "suicide" stuff matters at all anymore.
Don't be a pussy, nuke that key (when you are playing every CPS2 game made on the multi you'll forget all about it). ;)
Sooooo did I just get educated and shit talked in the same post? Now I gotta do it, I ain't no pussy!

Back