What's new

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score
Hello guys ! I'm looking to purchase at least 50 x 100¥ coins to use on my NAC cabinet !

If you can help me to have them , i appreciate your help and of course how much is needed to have them i will gladly pay for ! :happy:

6f419de2-f2aa-4e16-a2ce-2f1836bb28d6.JPG

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score
You can see if your bank will do a currency exchange to get the coins. If not, you can look on yahoo auctions for older coins: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/category/list/2084036913/
Tried today on all biggest excanges from my city and also called a friend worker from a bank and he told me to try on other bank ... i found nothing in my today searchings ! Anyway , thank you vert very much for suggestion (i didnt think to search on auctions) ! Now lets see if we can send them to Romania ✌🏻(coins are on the banned , they are considersted prohibited and are list of items witch cant be shipped)

Last edited:

Shunn

Student
Reaction score
If that's the case, I'd hit up some A-P users living in Japan to see if they can send the coins.

Kujako

Professional
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind, older coins with higher solver content may have different weights... I have a handful like this that my Vewlix won't take.

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score
You probably need to use a any coin mech
Seen this too few weeks ago when i tried to see how to adjust the coin mech (seen the arcade otaku wiki link too) reccomended by @jassin000 . I'll try buddy to find.a way to bring them here and in case isn't working or nobody from peoples i know can't brings them here , i'll use this nice option for any coins ! :happy:

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Seen this too few weeks ago when i tried to see how to adjust the coin mech (seen the arcade otaku wiki link too) reccomended by @jassin000 . I'll try buddy to find.a way to bring them here and in case isn't working or nobody from peoples i know can't brings them here , i'll use this nice option for any coins ! :happy:
Try to get in touch with some of the JP members we have. Last roll of yens I had went to ekorz.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
@AlxUnderBase — I had the local currency exchange place put up a sign saying they’ll buy 100 yen coins. After a few months I had a couple of ashtrays full.

You might have luck with that, but given restricted travel I assume there’d be very minimal tourists back from Nippon.

Hope some Japanese members here will help you out. I recommend using the 100 yen coins over modifying the coin mech. I’ve done both and never got it 100% right for tokens when I modified a mech myself.

kikaso

Grand Master
Reaction score
I had the local currency exchange place put up a sign saying they’ll buy 100 yen coins. After a few months I had a couple of ashtrays full.
That’s a great idea! Really cool of them to do that for you.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
The sign was pretty confronting, it was just a big sheet of paper with a 100 yen coin on it and Japanese saying they'd buy the coins.

I originally only wanted an ashtray full but I forgot to tell them to take down the sign. I walked past a month later, realised, and bought the rest they'd saved up just on the strength they did that for me.

Restored my faith in humanity for a minute. There's definitely some cool and helpful people left in this world still -- just fewer and farer between these days, compared to the past.

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score
Restored my faith in humanity for a minute. There's definitely some cool and helpful people left in this world still -- just fewer and farer between these days, compared to the past.
Tried on majority biggest exchanges from my city and majority workers treat me as tired and frustrated peoples when i asked about what i want to buy !
I called even on BNR (the national bank of romania - they make the romanian money) ... same answers ...
Majority of them told me : "we not allowed coins" , "we don't have" , "we didn't have" , "we didnt take" ... very hostile treatment and workers treat me not nicely on exchanges shops , very sadly moments for me. they act like makes to feel you guilty of something when you ask them for something they can't offer you :(