What's new
Want To Buy
Also a dim and broken cart too i suppose.
Don't forget a space for the SCSI2SD device (or I guess a full sized disc drive if you wana kick it 1999 style haha).
The little red PCB in this image...
7GtwfmX.jpg

@jassin000 ah yes. I figured there would be enough clearance because of the white cover on the bottom of the board

I figured there would be enough clearance because of the white cover on the bottom of the board
Please forgive my image it is a little outdated now...

The new/latest recommendation for every CPS3 owner is to remove that little white plastic cover.
Inside you might find a battery, and this is exactly the reason why its recommended to check.
IF that battery leaks, it will totally destroy the custom IC near it (I'm seen some horrifical shots of the chip feet completely corroded/melted off).

If you have a battery under the cover, snip it off ASAP!!!
If you don't have a battery under the cover, your fine.
Even from the factory some early boards have them, and later ones don't... Has zero effect on the operation of the PCB.

Thanks, thats good to know the battery on the bottom is not needed. That will really slim up the case.

This is the FS section, not the WTB section

Last edited:
If you do design a CPS3 case and list it in the FS section I think there would be lots of interest. Both TR fight stick and Jensons Custons have stated that they are halting production of their CPS3 cases - there is a gap in the market.

Got the dimm, still looking for the mobo and cart. Both non working preferred

Please forgive my image it is a little outdated now...

The new/latest recommendation for every CPS3 owner is to remove that little white plastic cover.
Inside you might find a battery, and this is exactly the reason why its recommended to check.
IF that battery leaks, it will totally destroy the custom IC near it (I'm seen some horrifical shots of the chip feet completely corroded/melted off).

If you have a battery under the cover, snip it off ASAP!!!
If you don't have a battery under the cover, your fine.
Even from the factory some early boards have them, and later ones don't... Has zero effect on the operation of the PCB.
Hey, what size is the screwbit that are requierd to open that white battery case on the CPS3 board?
I have one that says 3.8 on that works for screws in Gameboy & N64 carts, buts its slightly to small for the screw on the board.

I've got one. A cart that has been destroyed by it's battery but I've removed the corrosion from off the board. There's no plastic shell, just the bare pcb.

Shoot me a pm.

Back