What's new
Want To Buy

Outside of Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I would Like to purchase a candy cabinet with a monitor in decent condition. (no game necessary). I'm located on the east coast and I'm willing to drive. I would like to purchase any one of the following:
Astro City
Blast City
Net City
New Net City
Windy II
Egret II or III
or anything similar

I prefer a p2 player panel with 6 button. This cab will primary be used to play CPS2 & 3 with the occasional Naomi and Neo-Geo usage. Thanks for your time.

Be prepared for a really long ride, or have some deep pockets for shipping.

I started this hobby 3 years ago, I have only seen two candy cabs for sale on this side of the planet and those were my two Egreet II....KC, Ken and shipping are you best bet..

keep an eye out for a "Sega Bass Fishing" cab. they were distributed in the USA in Blast Cities. and they seem to be fairly popular in the south east and usually got for much less since most people who own them don't know the desirability of the cabinet.

but yes, any uncommon cabinet is a matter of either patience or deep pockets.

if you contact Ken @ the game room you could buy a cab right now, but you'll be spending close to $2K after shipping.

Thanks for

I started this hobby 3 years ago, I have only seen two candy cabs for sale on this side of the planet and those were my two Egreet II....KC, Ken and shipping are you best bet..
Yeah, I'm aware. I've only seen 2 in 4 years. There is a Blast City, on Craigslist, currently on sale in Nashville with Darius Gaiden, but they want $2700. That's waaayyy over priced in my opinion. I have CraigsList email alerts set for anything matching Candy Cab and various other keywords. Sadly that hasn't turned up anything for months. Its a shame too there is a company in Chattanooga (Chattanooga Pinball) that has 30,000 square ft warehouse of old arcades in various condition for dirt cheap. I'm talking $50-150 for cabs with no game - $300-500 for working cabs with games, but no candy cabs. Trust me I'm combed over the warehouse twice. I've been content with my super gun for years. Now I'm finally in a place where I can afford a cabinet.

keep an eye out for a "Sega Bass Fishing" cab. they were distributed in the USA in Blast Cities. and they seem to be fairly popular in the south east and usually got for much less since most people who own them don't know the desirability of the cabinet.

but yes, any uncommon cabinet is a matter of either patience or deep pockets.

if you contact Ken @ the game room you could buy a cab right now, but you'll be spending close to $2K after shipping.
Thanks! I'll Keep an eye out. I don't need it right this second, but hopefully I can get one before the end of the year. $2k is a bit much.

My suggestion is to make friends with whatever local gamer/arcade guys you have in your area. Go to the meet-ups, etc. Those are the guys that probably can help you find something in your area.

keep an eye out for a "Sega Bass Fishing" cab. they were distributed in the USA in Blast Cities.
While true, these cabs are allot less desirable than a Japan Blast City.

1) Bass Fish has the later 2931 auto switching chassis...

"Some monitors may have an issue with the protection circuit; this can lock you out of some of the resolutions and may make you think that the monitor is dead. Jumping H sync and Vsync together should change the resolution and revive the monitor. It was rumored on the Japanese forum 2ch that there may have been a batch of MS2931 released around 1998 which was more likely to experience failure, however it is unknown what the fault is and whether or not it affects only all or some MS2931 manufactured in 1998. Net city monitors (ones made from 1999-2000) may or may not be affected."

2) Bass Fish has the support bar under the control panel...
Even if you remove the support bar, the body will forever contain the mounting holes.

3) Bass Fish can (not always but lets say 50/50) contain the dollar acceptor in the PCB door...
Like the support bar above, this obviously leaves a gaping hole should you try to remove it, not to mention the door (more like a panel at this point) is bolted to the body.
blastcity.jpg

4) Bass Fish has the fishing panel...
You'll need that replacement control panel immediately! Unlike even a single player or 3 button panel you can "make do" with, that fishing panel is pure crap.
13-b.jpg

All these things total up to a Blast that IMO isn't really a Blast, but an abomination or rather a USA-Bastardization.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought 8 candy cabs in the past 5 years, looking on Craigslist ain't gonna get you anything. I live on the east coast and find them all the time.

My suggestion is to make friends with whatever local gamer/arcade guys you have in your area. Go to the meet-ups, etc. Those are the guys that probably can help you find something in your area.
Thanks, I have already let them know, but nothing so far.

While true, these cabs are allot less desirable than a Japan Blast City.

1) Bass Fish has the later 2931 auto switching chassis...

"Some monitors may have an issue with the protection circuit; this can lock you out of some of the resolutions and may make you think that the monitor is dead. Jumping H sync and Vsync together should change the resolution and revive the monitor. It was rumored on the Japanese forum 2ch that there may have been a batch of MS2931 released around 1998 which was more likely to experience failure, however it is unknown what the fault is and whether or not it affects only all or some MS2931 manufactured in 1998. Net city monitors (ones made from 1999-2000) may or may not be affected."

2) Bass Fish has the support bar under the control panel...
Even if you remove the support bar, the body will forever contain the mounting holes.

3) Bass Fish can (not always but lets say 50/50) contain the dollar acceptor in the PCB door...
Like the support bar above, this obviously leaves a gaping hole should you try to remove it, not to mention the door (more like a panel at this point) is bolted to the body.

4) Bass Fish has the fishing panel...
You'll need that replacement control panel immediately! Unlike even a single player or 3 button panel you can "make do" with, that fishing panel is pure crap.
Thanks Jassen. I will Keep this in mind.

I've bought 8 candy cabs in the past 5 years, looking on Craigslist ain't gonna get you anything. I live on the east coast and find them all the time.
Please, teach me your secrets!

so you bought them all!! Can't complain, I took a huge chunk out of the SFCE big blues.

here is the 411.. On this side of the map, all those people that you are meeting are also looking for candy cabs, including the gamer/arcade guys, meetup etc.. Be prepare to pay over $1500 if you find any.. Here is a fun fact, shipping two cabs from CA to VA, $700 was the last quote that I got from Mitchale.

Yeah, I figured shipping wasn't going to be cheap from the west coast. Plus the added risk of damaging the monitor in transit. Ill just have to be patient and see what I can find.

The Blast City was my first cab, and it was a Bass Fishing, I cleaned it up real nice and the holes don't bother me as I'm not on the floor looking at them. I guess I could get some button plugs made and no one would be the wiser. Go to an auction and try to snipe bid a Bass FIshing for 3-400 bucks. It can be done.
Tfy9UHI.jpg

This is a nightmare on the East Coast. After almost a year I just gave up and ordered one, I also picked up an Astro City at the same time. I just hit a point where constantly searching, emailing, calling, and then looking at organizing trips was worse than actually just paying to have the thing dropped off in my garage.

It depends on what you're looking for. If the cab you want is out there and you're simply not willing to fork over the money to buy it then you're not looking for a cab, you're looking for a deal...

Everyone is looking for a deal!
The question on the East Coast becomes how long are you willing to look for this deal?

Chances are given the current candy cab situation here, you will grow tired of looking long before you'll find anything decent.
This is when you should conciser just paying the extra and getting the damn thing delivered once and for all.

I've bought several cabs from the west coast and had them shipped, not because I got tired of looking for a deal but because I wanted a specific cab and that was the first/only option available.

Getting a deal is nice, but sometimes it's not, nor will ever be, an option.

I'd love to find a $500 Lamborghini locally but that's not ever going to happen no matter how long I wait or how much time I spend looking.

There's nothing wrong with looking for a deal and passing over more expensive options, but you have to be honest with yourself about what you're ACTUALLY looking for, and you have to be realistic that once your price point drops below a certain number you're never going to find what you're looking for.

Last edited:
That is what I do.. I paid watever and get it delivered.. But most sellers are not willing to sell you the cabs if you are not local, not even if you tell them that you will set up shipping and packaging and take full responsibility during transport.. That is the nature of things.. For me good cabs have always originated from Florida or Cali:)

Back