What's new
Want To Buy

DRI374

Student
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of previous for sale ads for ESP Ra.De so I figured there's a few in circulation. I feel the eBay prices aren't fair, $1100 for a bootleg and up towards $2,000 for an OG. Is that correct?

No. But it’s Cave.

End.

Prices I've seen in general for this game:

* Japanese: upwards 900 euro
* Non japanese: around 600 euro

But lately there's been some pretty great deals on this game, specifically in this forum where it's been lower in both cases. I haven't seen images of the boards though, so I don't know if the price was based on the shape of things or not.

There's been multiple PCBs for sale in the past year for 600 euros.

Don't feed the trolls.

Also, there's no bootleg of ESP Ra.De. Are you thinking of Galuda? That one is around 200 euros more.

There's been multiple PCBs for sale in the past year for 600 euros.

Don't feed the trolls.

Also, there's no bootleg of ESP Ra.De. Are you thinking of Galuda? That one is around 200 euros more.
What am I feeding? I stated the general prices that you agree with apparently. And then just stated lately I’ve seen some sold for less than the stated prices in this forum. That’s an easy search away

Get a Mistercade setup and go support NullObject. He put together some nice cores.

Get a Mistercade setup and go support NullObject. He put together some nice cores.
I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I literally have everything to get this going. I should take time off work and set it up. :)
Also, there's no bootleg of ESP Ra.De.
I saw a PCB that didn't have the ATLUS or ESP serial number on it, but then I read the international version didn't have these, so I stand corrected.
M2 ShotTriggers Switch version for the win : )
I play the PS4 version and it's glorious. I also think this game runs decently on MAME.

I won an auction on yahoo.jp last night, feeding trolls at ¥116,000, so we'll see what arrives eventually.

Just be aware that he hasn't posted any updates to his Patreon since September and nobody knows what progress he's really making with the core now. DoDonPachi and ESP are pretty together though.

Just be aware that he hasn't posted any updates to his Patreon since September and nobody knows what progress he's really making with the core now. DoDonPachi and ESP are pretty together though.
I was rooting around some time ago trying to find any concrete recent activity and failed in doing so. I'm sure this will come together one day but you can't bank on anyone working for free.

Sure, but if prices on these boards seem too meme, spending $500 for a Mistercade setup (which a lot of people do anyway) and then tossing $5 to NullObject for his handful of cores is a good alternative. But if one has come to terms with the prices by all means, get the board. Heck get it all if your budget allows. All good stuff.

I was rooting around some time ago trying to find any concrete recent activity and failed in doing so. I'm sure this will come together one day but you can't bank on anyone working for free.
I mean, just to be clear, NullObject is getting possibly thousands of dollars a month (hard to really know exactly) from his Patreon, nobody has been expecting him to work for free.

I think personally that for the money nobody is owed results, and certainly not speedy ones, but it would be nice if he posted at least once a month indicating if he was even still working on anything even if slowly since we are sending him money.

I mean, just to be clear, NullObject is getting possibly thousands of dollars a month (hard to really know exactly) from his Patreon, nobody has been expecting him to work for free.

I think personally that for the money nobody is owed results, and certainly not speedy ones, but it would be nice if he posted at least once a month indicating if he was even still working on anything even if slowly since we are sending him money.
I totally agree with you here. I couldn't keep supporting him without any communication or status updates. I pulled my patreon last month. I would be happy to continue supporting him if he communicated with his patrons. Nobody is owed results, but I am not obligated to support either if I don't feel it is money well spent. I will happly renew my support if I see future progress, but for now I can't.

Pretty slack to take peoples money monthly and not at the very least give them a monthly update…

Pretty slack to take peoples money monthly and not at the very least give them a monthly update…
Yeah, my expectations are I think pretty minimal. You don't have to crank out a new game on a regular basis. Or work on it full time. But, once you do the Patreon thing and take monthly contributions I think it's reasonable to expect some kind of regular status update. Even "I'm a bit stuck, work is busy, progress is slow, but I am still working on it" would be fine.

Back