What's new
Want To Buy

Pinball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just bought a nice condition ST-V m/board, I'm looking for a Darksoft multicart if anyone is interested in selling one? :)

Many thanks guys.

I was actually wondering if a restock was coming since both vendors are now empty. Seems like a hot multi and the hardware to get running is relatively cheap compared to some others. I’d pick one up if they go back in stock.

I'm hoping a restock is coming- seems overdue really. As you say, out of stock everywhere, and not even on ebay. I know it's not the most high end system, hence the pricing, but I like it and there are some great games I'd like to check out on original hardware.

Restock overdue!? they sold out, what, 4 weeks ago? During a pandemic! Buy a cps2 multi in the meantime (before they sell out too!!) and I’m sure you’ll be able to grab one of these at some point. He’s restocked these before but it took several months last time iirc :thumbup:

I didn't realise this - sorry. Thought it went out of stock ages ago, rather than just recently...

I already have a CPS2 multi, as well as CPS3 and Taito F3 multis.

Granted it was a USA seller High Score Saves who had them until recently, I’m not sure when Aldo at saveyourgames ran out!

Anyway hopefully the restock will be for both!
Grab a neo geo multicart in the meantime then :thumbsup:

heh. I have Terraonion's AES Pro, which includes support for 51 NeoCD games. Also have the TO MVS multicart (no Pro MVS cart available from them yet, of course).

I don't have Darksoft's NG multicarts. Off-topic, but what additional do they offer over TO? For example, what about NeoCD games? I'd love to have all 100 or so CD games on the MVS cart. How does Darksoft's MVS cart compare with the awaited TO MVS Pro cart?

I confess, I am now a big Darksoft fan :) And this forum, too!

There’s a lot of discussion here and elsewhere so I won’t cover all the bases I’m sure. If you want to load one game and be done, TO is fine. Better even since it stays flashed for that game. But I change games a lot, most of my game sessions are me exploring the library, so having 3 flash slots (way faster loading) was the winner for me. CD games aren’t supported currently so if that’s your desire you’d stay with TO. Their PRO is, what, same as before but three slots and one flash slot? Idk why they bothered.

beyond that, it’s my documented opinion that real-arcade-hardware is too niche a market to support a 24/7 business like TO. They haven’t made any other products for the market, so that seems I’m proved correct for now at least. Darksoft is a hobbyist like all other multi creators here. So to that end competition actually isn’t great for this market. You’ll find very few competing products here, and the makers here are careful to not labor on anything competitive in secret lest they split the market with someone else. Examples, apocalypse isn’t working on m92 because brizzo has a start already. Darksoft has no plans for system16 because apocalypse built one. One decent product will succeed, but two products competing would make both unprofitable.

So in short I support everyone here in this forum, since I think it best serves the niche. So far I’ve been right. Great multis here from darksoft, brizzo, apocalypse, hammy, niko (free!), rtw (free!). M72, Sega system16, Sega c2, Sega stv, Sega sys24, cps2, cps3, mvs, Taito x, taito x2, crystal system(!), namco na1/2, namco 246/256, yes I’m ignoring DECO ;), and many more on the horizon. Also great other products here from repro CPs to superguns, streaming tools, and services. Fantastic kind helpful community in general.

TO is not going to fulfill their business ambition by making arcade products, they’re just going to hurt the market and waste their time and money, and hurt the hobbyists here who are better suited to support us.

My opinion here of course.

Last edited:
Back