What's new
Item has been found
Good luck!
I remember a member on n-g.com named ResOglas, had one. I think he sold it, but you can try to see who he might of sold it too? First time I had ever seen the cab in person, astro2 as well in SoCal (2007)? I played on it back in the day so that’s how I know he has/had it.

Good luck

Good luck!
I remember a member on n-g.com named ResOglas, had one. I think he sold it, but you can try to see who he might of sold it too? First time I had ever seen the cab in person, astro2 as well in SoCal (2007)? I played on it back in the day so that’s how I know he has/had it.

Good luck
Thanks for the tip. I'm not gonna pm members that have one tho. It hasn't worked for me before and it won't work this time. If they see the add and want to sell they can contact me and I can make a deal.

Is this the dentist chair your looking for? Not many of those around but in all honesty I prefer a Taito canary over a egret 29. Especially at that price range. Thats if your going for the rarity. Some Canaries even have the rotate functionality as well so you don't loose any functionality that goes with the rarity. I helped a mate restore a Canary once. Its a nice cab.

If I had an E29 I would have sold it to you and slapped you a few times with the $8k dollars bills.. that’s some serious cash.
I would happy eat popcorn watching you slap him with the wads of dollars.

Besides downplaying an Egret 29 might change someone's mind into selling you one. last time I heard anybody talk about Egret 29 was about 9 years ago on Jammaplus which is now down. Have you tried over on arcade otaku?

Have you tried over on arcade otaku?
[/QUOTE]
I would have but it seems the vast majority of ppl on there are from overseas or not in the US. I imported when I got my 1st egret 2 and lemme tell ya, it was not fun

An E29 is a future cab for me, are they really that much? 😬
I've had multiple $6-8K offers from people to buy one of my E29s... the answer was no.
Are they worth that much? who knows, but personally I'd rather keep my cabs than have the money. These are the cabs I've always wanted above all others and I have a bit of an emotional attachment to these specific cabs because of the work I've put into restoring them.
If I could find a couple more reasonably priced I'd buy them (my goal is to have a line of 4)

Alternatively, I've found a few in the $1K range and not bought them

The reason being that parts for this cab are flat-out unobtainable. people complain about the hard to find Marquee or control panel, but that's just because those are the most commonly cracked or worn down parts. but those are also the EASIEST TO FIND, if you need a door, or a new control panel surround, or a speaker box, forget it that thing is going to be missing until you break down and just buy a more complete cabinet.

so yeah. a complete, mint E29 is probably worth a pretty penny.
but one with missing or damaged parts... or worse... hacked up I'd avoid that unless you're practically giving it to me.

Last edited:
I just want one that's complete. It doesn't have to be restored, in fact I'd rather it not be restored, just in decent condition. Idgaf if the blue has browned or the white has yellowed. I just want an e29. Playing yours @twistedsymphony didn't help me curb the desire, nor did watching the Darius Gaiden movie. I'm dead set on it and that's what I got my eye on. Not a canary or anything else. Idgaf that it's rare, it's cool and I want it.

Alternatively, I've found a few in the $1K range and not bought them

The reason being that parts for this cab are flat-out unobtainable.
I passed on one on craigslist years ago for this reason, it was missing things and it felt like too much trouble. Don't remember the price, but it couldn't have been much more than $1000 at most, because cabs weren't stupidly priced back then.

For 2 Astros or 2 Blasts I could have had an e29 myself but chose not to just a few months ago. It's a cool cab but I couldn't bring myself to trade 2 for 1 for it. Once price was discussed and cab was up for grabs people swore up and down it wasn't worth a penny over $3k.....now $8k seems reasonable or the norm? Kinda crazy. But this just goes to show that we do need a candy cab "exidy-type" price guide 😋

For 2 Astros or 2 Blasts I could have had an e29 myself but chose not to just a few months ago. It's a cool cab but I couldn't bring myself to trade 2 for 1 for it. Once price was discussed and cab was up for grabs people swore up and down it wasn't worth a penny over $3k.....now $8k seems reasonable or the norm? Kinda crazy. But this just goes to show that we do need a candy cab "exidy-type" price guide 😋
i turned that same cab down. its Rewrite's now, if thats the same one

I got one in my trunk I'll sell you for $5k..

1582427-itsabluebanana-purple-pikmin.png

Back