What's new
Want To Buy

DragonMinded

Professional
Reaction score
As it says on the title! Looking to buy both S2 and S3, just the SKNS carts.

EDIT: S2 found, thank you @ShootTheCore looking for S3.

Last edited:
Fun fact GPS3 used 3.3V Mask ROMs from the factory, despite the fact that the carts supply 5V, so nearly every cart has bad graphics data as a result of blown out Mask ROMs.

So if you want that game expect to buy a cart with graphics issues and fix it. and if it doesn't have graphics issues, it's either been fixed or is a ticking time-bomb.

Also the Korean version of GPS2 is called "Gals Panic SU", and it's just an EPROM swap to change regions to an S2 variant.

Good to know. Does everyone just grab the MAME set and burn the graphics ROMs to equivalent EPROMs and move on with life?

80$+shippingfor a S2 with slightly filthy label?
Want the nicer one for myself.

Im in EU though so dunno what shipping is, but could check if you are interested

Attachments

• 06B0FFE6-D126-4954-B654-A9DB2102DD3E.jpeg
    06B0FFE6-D126-4954-B654-A9DB2102DD3E.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 60
I believe I have one or both of those carts, along with some cabinet art as well. Let me check tonight when I get home from work.

80$+shippingfor a S2 with slightly filthy label?
Want the nicer one for myself.

Im in EU though so dunno what shipping is, but could check if you are interested
I'm not pressed on pristine labels, the less good one looks fine by me. 80 USD + shipping seems reasonable. If you get a chance to check on shipping costs to the US that'd be rad! Just let me know.

I believe I have one or both of those carts, along with some cabinet art as well. Let me check tonight when I get home from work.
Cabinet art isn't a big deal for me since I'm running my horizontal JAMMA games in a NNC and I don't swap the art, but if you don't want to separate the art from the cartridge I definitely understand and would still be interested.

Good to know. Does everyone just grab the MAME set and burn the graphics ROMs to equivalent EPROMs and move on with life?
no, they're SOP44 ROMs, there are no EPROM equivalents

you have to use 3.3V EEPROMs (like the MX29L3211MC) lift the power pin and install a DC-DC converter to power them. It's a similar process to what you see on the conversion carts: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cyvern-conversion.5886/

There's a good chance that the reason Kaneko didn't use the correct 5V ROMs is because they couldn't get them anymore; they've been unobtanium for decades.

I'm not pressed on pristine labels, the less good one looks fine by me. 80 USD + shipping seems reasonable. If you get a chance to check on shipping costs to the US that'd be rad! Just let me know.

Cabinet art isn't a big deal for me since I'm running my horizontal JAMMA games in a NNC and I don't swap the art, but if you don't want to separate the art from the cartridge I definitely understand and would still be interested.
Was actually not too expensive. 9USD untracked or 15USD tracked.
I could do 90USD incl shipping tracked for that S2.

If that sounds interesting you can PM :)

Maybe ShootTheCore is simpler since he is in US though

no, they're SOP44 ROMs, there are no EPROM equivalents

you have to use 3.3V EEPROMs (like the MX29L3211MC) lift the power pin and install a DC-DC converter to power them. It's a similar process to what you see on the conversion carts: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cyvern-conversion.5886/

There's a good chance that the reason Kaneko didn't use the correct 5V ROMs is because they couldn't get them anymore; they've been unobtanium for decades.
Ah, gotcha on the ROM replacement stuff. That's not too hard. Grab some SOP44s, burn the right data, do a messy little surface mount swap, wire in a tiny little DC DC converter and call it a day. Pain in the ass but IMO worth bulletproofing something for the future.
Was actually not too expensive. 9USD untracked or 15USD tracked.
I could do 90USD incl shipping tracked for that S2.

If that sounds interesting you can PM :)

Maybe ShootTheCore is simpler since he is in US though
ShootTheCore is local so yeah it is simpler. He also already got the dang thing in the mail (wow, too fast!!). However my buddy @karoshi is also looking for S2 and TBH your "bad condition" cart is still in pretty good shape so I'll pass the offer on if you're cool with it.

ShootTheCore is local so yeah it is simpler. He also already got the dang thing in the mail (wow, too fast!!). However my buddy @karoshi is also looking for S2 and TBH your "bad condition" cart is still in pretty good shape so I'll pass the offer on if you're cool with it.
Yeah I don't need two so sounds good to me

Back