What's new
Want To Buy

64MK

Professional
Reaction score
I'm a noob with a new Super Gun and would love to track down this game.

FYI: An original JJ Squawkers board is very rare, so when one does show up for sale it usually goes for $2000+. I’ve only seen two original boards show up for sale in the last five years.

However, there is an EBay seller that has been selling conversion boards regularly for under $500. Keep an eye on his postings, or send him a message.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLUMER-At...ion-Arcade-Jamma-PCB-Ultra-RARE-/115292778163

FYI: An original JJ Squawkers board is very rare, so when one does show up for sale it usually goes for $2000+. I’ve only seen two original boards show up for sale in the last five years.

However, there is an EBay seller that has been selling conversion boards regularly for under $500. Keep an eye on his postings, or send him a message.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLUMER-At...ion-Arcade-Jamma-PCB-Ultra-RARE-/115292778163
I just bought an original a few weeks back for $1450. I'd say the game is interesting, but not worth the money. Get one of those conversions, but note, he started selling them for $200 and has steadily raised his price, a lot.

I'd never pay $500 for a conversion, and since he's raised the price, maybe you can negotiate a lower price with him. I would have paid $200, but $500? Nah.

The game is crazy and cool, but just get a pi!

Yeah, this isn't a collector piece. I just want to play the game. Sorry for not clarifying (MAME as issues?)

MAME runs the game fine, but there's no reason to own & use a SuperGun if you have a PC running MAME.

I may be behind but last time I ran it had warnings about undumped components. Does that not impact gameplay?

There may be minor inaccuracies in the emulation, but you’d likely have to sit down with MAME and an original PCB running side-by-side and play a dozen rounds before you started noticing them.

A conversion board would be a more accurate experience then MAME but it costs more.

EDIT: According to the MAME source code, the inaccuracies seem to be mostly with SFX.

jjsquawk: Player's shot sound is missing (not requested to X1-010?).
Many sounds are wrong since MAME 0.62.
i.e.
all scene: when you beat enemies or yellow walking eggs
stage 1: weasels throw eggs, white animals (shaking trees) are damaged, rabbit jump
stage 2: when BOX-MEN gets angry

Last edited:
Nothing is undumped about it iirc. Some sound fx inaccuracies are present if you are paying close attention and know what to listen for. Game is totally playable, and yes the awfully aggressive psychedelic palette nonesense is indeed part of the authentic experience.

I just bought an original a few weeks back for $1450. I'd say the game is interesting, but not worth the money. Get one of those conversions, but note, he started selling them for $200 and has steadily raised his price, a lot.

I'd never pay $500 for a conversion, and since he's raised the price, maybe you can negotiate a lower price with him. I would have paid $200, but $500? Nah.

The game is crazy and cool, but just get a pi!

Yes, and that was the cheapest price I have seen in the last 5 years at least. I was just late to the party. I missed the Bonk's Adventure as well.

Guess this one goes on the PC.

Thanks for the info. And yes, the acid-like experience is part of the fun. :)

Yes, and that was the cheapest price I have seen in the last 5 years at least. I was just late to the party. I missed the Bonk's Adventure as well.
His Bonk was over priced, BUT after he sold it he showed me the pictures of it and it as actually a prototype PCB... I should have grabbed it as well!

That sale hit at a bad time when I didn't have much disposable income available sadly. So many goodies there... Still, I did splurge and grabbed Thunder Dragon 2 from it. :thumbsup:

Shit, he put one up.. might message an offer. I WONT ITTTTT.

Where are you in the US? You can always swing by to play at my house.

That was cold haha
LOL, it wasn't meant to be, I mean, it's a two player game and I have no friends... :P

I can also bring it to MAGFest next year if you attend that. Your location stat is pretty vague, it helps to be specific especially when you want to buy or sell here.

Back