What's new
Want To Buy

Semload

Professional
Reaction score
I'm looking for "MS8 29" chassis for my CAPCOM Q Grand Am

Grand Am has a 25" screen, not 29". The yokes have slightly different specs, might as well get the correct chassis for it.

Grand Am has a 25" screen, not 29". The yokes have slightly different specs, might as well get the correct chassis for it.
I know, but more people have told me it's okay

An Italian technician tells me that it could be an internal dispersion of the flyback. To try to keep the cab on for a couple of days, which could fix itself.

In any case, he is also of your thoughts on the alleged compatibility of the ms8 29 chassis on a 29 tube. He says yes, it would work, but not with the same image quality. On the contrary (chassis 29 out of 25), it would be even dangerous, as it could melt after a couple of days.

What do you advise me to do?

What do you advise me to do?

As someone who has a dozen MS8-25s, I would say more than likely it's a poor solder joint, especially if it's something that happens sporadically. I would get the chassis looked at.

As for the replacement chassis, I would get another MS8-25. Like I said, the yokes have different specs. A -29 will work, but it will have issues.

As someone who has a dozen MS8-25s, I would say more than likely it's a poor solder joint, especially if it's something that happens sporadically. I would get the chassis looked at.

As for the replacement chassis, I would get another MS8-25. Like I said, the yokes have different specs. A -29 will work, but it will have issues.
You tell me it can be a weld ... but how do you identify it?
Also, in case you need to replace the chassis, do you know anyone who has an MS8 25?

You tell me it can be a weld ... but how do you identify it?

Cracks often look like rings in the solder joint, they can be pretty easy to spot.

Start by checking the joints for the pots, the vertical sub-PCB (the one that has the pot on it), and the connectors for the remote.

Cracks often look like rings in the solder joint, they can be pretty easy to spot.

Start by checking the joints for the pots, the vertical sub-PCB (the one that has the pot on it), and the connectors for the remote.
OK! I'll have someone do it of course ...

Meanwhile, I'll update you on one thing. When I inadvertently hit the cab, it begins to make this flaw. I give it another hit or 2 and it returns to normal. Are you saying this thing is related to something specific? Or just what are you saying?

Today I kept it on for at least 3 hours and it didn't make any defects. I started playing and after 20 min she started to flicker.
As you can see from the video, giving the blows, the image sometimes returns to normal.

https://imgur.com/a/mGeXAqa

Yeah, that to me points to a poor solder joint or faulty pot. Have you tried adjusting the horizontal size pot when it does that?

Yeah, that to me points to a poor solder joint or faulty pot. Have you tried adjusting the horizontal size pot when it does that?
I tried, but it keeps widening and tightening. It also happened that a camber was formed on the left side.

Back