What's new
Want To Buy
Hey @hyp36rmax I sold mine a long time ago now. For me, there’s no need for individual carts when Netbooting exists, but I’ll keep my eyes out for you my dude. Be patient though, it’ll turn up.

If you’re not concerned with condition and need one quick, surely Yaton (@LinkArcade ?) or LegendHK have one.

Hey @hyp36rmax I sold mine a long time ago now. For me, there’s no need for individual carts when Netbooting exists, but I’ll keep my eyes out for you my dude. Be patient though, it’ll turn up.

If you’re not concerned with condition and need one quick, surely Yaton (@LinkArcade ?) or LegendHK have one.

Cool thank you! Yea i'm on the Netdimm train 100000%. this particular game is sentimental as a HUGE MVC2 fanboy. haha.

ok cool so you know what you got, the repair is probably going to run you around $150, I think maybe more maybe less so the total cost will be around $450 to $500 after all the taxes and shipping charges. and you save a unit so that's super cool. I hope you get many years of service out of it and gratz. I recommend using the Netbooting to play the games, and the real stuff for collecting, I having my MVC2 cart frame and going to put it up on the wall. Hell another one just pop up for $500 U.S. on ebay and I think is going to sell
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274879310405?hash=item4000156a45:g:-BYAAOSwa71g~OBd

1627346875394.png

Last edited:
Yea. Ken got back to me mentioned it could be a bad buffer or corrosion which is easily fixed. At the worst it could be a bad rom which is problematic altogether. Since it works hoping it’s the easy fix.

I saw that new one pop up the other day. Seems local to me. If only that price wasn’t so high.

Hell another one just pop up for $500 U.S. on ebay and I think is going to sell
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274879310405?hash=item4000156a45:g:-BYAAOSwa71g~OBd
That's not a sold listing. You're allowed to list whatever you want for whatever price you want both here and on ebay. Just because that's what they're listing it for, doesn't mean that's what people are buying them for:

They probably looked at the most recently sold listing and based it off of that exact number. The number of carts that have sold for >$300 outnumbers the ones that sold for $500+. The number of sold listings is not that long- it takes (quite literally) one extra click of research to be an informed buyer in this scenario. If someone DOES buy that for $500, then:

With arcade stuff, there's usually a HUGE difference in the prices of what's sold and what's listed waiting for idiots with more money than brains.

And the solution:

I saw that new one pop up the other day. Seems local to me. If only that price wasn’t so high.
Be patient though, it’ll turn up.

I hope is an easy fix and that ken can take care of it for you, im sure some of the data is gone from that bad rom, but if it works is probably some of the unlockable characters
so the game will still run fine. sounds like you are like me and just want two of everything lol best regards and gratz on your purchase

I did win this from YAJ. It was sold as “Junk” since the seller didn’t know how to use it. Comes with Art and a JVS. We’ll find out soon.

マーベルVSカプコン2
D0288743-F902-4A0F-8A27-36970941A271.jpeg

B4B7F48E-1308-4C6C-A52D-8E1EEEC8D5A7.jpeg

B6AD85DB-847B-4BFD-AA91-6B35524F808C.jpeg

With arcade stuff, there's usually a HUGE difference in the prices of what's sold and what's listed waiting for idiots with more money than brains.

There's another sold listing literally directly under that one, only four days apart, that sold for $300. Had a bad rom check or something that the seller was very transparent about, but they also posted a video along with the listing showing it playing just fine.

Screenshot_20210730-144805_eBay.jpg

Every time a game changes hands doesn't mean a new market price is set. Again, yeah it sucks someone paid $500 for a cart, but it literally would have taken one additional click of due diligence to filter the sold listings and see what the majority of them are selling for. If that's what they wanna pay, then good on them, but based on what they typically sell for, they overpaid.

Last edited:
congratulations woot woot

Excited for sure! It was filthy with game center smoke and dust *surprise!* haha. I've taken the motherboard, cart, and chassis apart to clean. Next project is to clean up the SEGA JVS JAMMA box, wiring is typical ghetto with twisted wiring and tape. Plan to give it a proper solder, heat shrink and paracord. touch up just cause. Overall happy, can't wait to dive in this weekend woot!! <3

I’ve got even more great news! You guys remember that Ebay MVC2 with the bad IC28 Rom? Well….

That tested GOOD! Lol. Ran through the test several times just to be sure.

8A12A6BF-63E3-4006-9CD7-56575EB31CA3.jpeg

6A90A23F-23EC-4EDA-9021-5D29F5B99BD4.jpeg

DAC20C22-B60F-4F7E-8DC5-92C3972568EA.jpeg

Back