What's new
Item has been found

Franco23444

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a V147 EMI PCB for point blank 2. I do have original Namco guns and I want to be able to use the recoil. I’m not sure if the game needs the pcb for the 24v but it would be nice to have it. I’m also trying to build a custom cabinet for point blank 2 and would like to have some arcade artwork as well. Thanks and help would be appreciated :)
0524612C-778F-4723-87CA-A5FE9ECB1B2F.jpeg

Other than the relay there doesn't appear to be any active components on that PCB... So there shouldn't be anything there preventing you from wiring everything up without it.

What do you think this board is doing for you in regards to that?
Well, I guess I’ll figure it out when I get the parts in. I might have to do some digging around and some mods. I plan on making a custom cab for the game. Found some high res side art prints as well.

My point is that this doesn't appear to be anything more than a filter-board...
it's a big fancy board to change the shape of the connectors.

The relay likely switches on an off the 24V power remotely but that is likely completely unnecessary depending on your 24V power supply I believe originally these used a transformer for 24V so the relay would have been there to turn on the 24V when the normal power supply turns on.

I totally get if you'd want it to have all original parts and use original connectors, but it seems unnecessary to your goals of getting the game running with the blow-back feature.

My point is that this doesn't appear to be anything more than a filter-board...
it's a big fancy board to change the shape of the connectors.

The relay likely switches on an off the 24V power remotely but that is likely completely unnecessary depending on your 24V power supply I believe originally these used a transformer for 24V so the relay would have been there to turn on the 24V when the normal power supply turns on.

I totally get if you'd want it to have all original parts and use original connectors, but it seems unnecessary to your goals of getting the game running with the blow-back feature.
Hmm interesting, thanks for the clarification dude! I just wanted some help to know if that pcb was completely necessary for the recoil action. From what I know, the gun position pcb is attached in the middle of the Namco system 11 pcb. But I’m not getting the pcb till early May to truly inspect the pcb. The schematics do help a little bit, but I wonder if anyone else has a point blank 2 pcb around here or high res images of that position pcb. Sorry for so many questions, I’m still pretty new to collecting light gun games.

I own a System 12 Point Blank 2 as well as a Ghoul Panic... you are correct that there is a "Gun IO" PCB that is sandwiched between the main board and the CPU board in the stack.

based on the hardware there, for blow-back functionality there is likely an additional Mosfet/fuse board that goes between the guns and this PCB you're looking for.

I own a System 12 Point Blank 2 as well as a Ghoul Panic... you are correct that there is a "Gun IO" PCB that is sandwiched between the main board and the CPU board in the stack.

based on the hardware there, for blow-back functionality there is likely an additional Mosfet/fuse board that goes between the guns and this PCB you're looking for.
It’s most likely a relay. Like I said, it’s going to take a while for my board to arrive to truly do some testing around. Just in case, do you know what relay could work?

I just realized something. I did some digging around and found this quote:
SLA4060 transistor to drive the gun recoil and is easy to replace
I know that almost all of Namco’s light gun I/O boards use the SLA4060 transistor for the recoil. I’m wondering, since you have a point blank 2 pcb, does the board in the middle have this transistor or at least a variant of it? The EMI pcb doesn’t have this transistor at all.

It’s most likely a relay.

I know that almost all of Namco’s light gun I/O boards use the SLA4060 transistor for the recoil.
So I said it likely uses a mosfet. you disagreed and said it's probably a relay, then you disagreed with yourself and said it's a transistor?

I haven't disassembled my PCB stack to look at the gun board so I really have no idea what components it has. but it uses really small gage pins so my assumption is that the PCB doesn't have power input or triggered output to drive the blow-back functionality itself. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, sorry for making so many assumptions. But yeah, since there isn’t a picture of that middle pcb on that Namco system 11 board, It’s really hard to tell what could be there. I’ll wait till my board arrives. Well you seem kinda annoyed so I’ll wait till my board arrives and see what I can do. Thanks for the help though!!!
Edit: finally found a picture of that gun board and I have proven myself correct! It does have that transistor on it.
3DA3D9BE-0045-4202-AD41-2694700337D7.jpeg

ah, that clears some things up... it looks like they're using more than half of the pins for the incoming power.

so it appears that you already have all of the component you need to wire up blow-back on this game, no other PCBs necessary.

ah, that clears some things up... it looks like they're using more than half of the pins for the incoming power.

so it appears that you already have all of the component you need to wire up blow-back on this game, no other PCBs necessary.
Do you happen to know the pin out for j3 on the gun board for point blank 2? The manual doesn’t specify that much.

this appears to be documented in MAME, though I can't attest to it's accuracy.

Code:
This PCB was found on the following games (so far)....
      Ghoul Panic (OB2/VER.A)
      Oh! Bakyuuun (OB1/VER.A)
      Gunbarl (GNB4/VER.A)
      Point Blank 2 (GNB5/VER.A)
To connect a normal (i.e. HAPP) light gun only 4 wires are needed.
Those are +5V, GND, trigger and gun optical sensor using pins 5 & 9 of J3 and pins 1, 3 & 22 (both solder and parts side)
of the JAMMA connector. A Namco gun can also be connected the same way, with or without the kickback solenoid.

J3 connector:
Pin 1 - Not Used
Pin 2 - Not Used
Pin 3 - Gun 1 Solenoid
Pin 4 - Player 1 Start Button Lamp
Pin 5 - Gun 1 Sensor
Pin 6 - GND
Pin 7 - Gun 2 Solenoid
Pin 8 - Player 2 Start Button Lamp
Pin 9 - Gun 2 Sensor
Pin 10- Not Used

JAMMA Harness:
Pin 1 Parts Side - GND
Pin 3 Parts Side - +5V
Pin 22 Parts Side - Gun 1 Trigger
Pin 22 Solder Side - Gun 2 Trigger

this appears to be documented in MAME, though I can't attest to it's accuracy.

Code:
This PCB was found on the following games (so far)....
      Ghoul Panic (OB2/VER.A)
      Oh! Bakyuuun (OB1/VER.A)
      Gunbarl (GNB4/VER.A)
      Point Blank 2 (GNB5/VER.A)
To connect a normal (i.e. HAPP) light gun only 4 wires are needed.
Those are +5V, GND, trigger and gun optical sensor using pins 5 & 9 of J3 and pins 1, 3 & 22 (both solder and parts side)
of the JAMMA connector. A Namco gun can also be connected the same way, with or without the kickback solenoid.

J3 connector:
Pin 1 - Not Used
Pin 2 - Not Used
Pin 3 - Gun 1 Solenoid
Pin 4 - Player 1 Start Button Lamp
Pin 5 - Gun 1 Sensor
Pin 6 - GND
Pin 7 - Gun 2 Solenoid
Pin 8 - Player 2 Start Button Lamp
Pin 9 - Gun 2 Sensor
Pin 10- Not Used

JAMMA Harness:
Pin 1 Parts Side - GND
Pin 3 Parts Side - +5V
Pin 22 Parts Side - Gun 1 Trigger
Pin 22 Solder Side - Gun 2 Trigger
Ok, thank you very much, my pcb arrived much earlier than expected. I’ll test out this pin out tonight and document what I find or verify if this pin out is correct.

@Franco23444 do you still need the filter board? Funny timing, I just lucked into obtaining this same game + filter board recently but it came with no guns or cabinet. I'm not really interested in building a shooting cab or anything like that, as I don't have the available space and I already own the PSX Point Blank series w/ 2x Guncon so I'm good to go for these games.

Anyway, feel free to reach out if you want this and we can work something out.

@Franco23444 do you still need the filter board? Funny timing, I just lucked into obtaining this same game + filter board recently but it came with no guns or cabinet. I'm not really interested in building a shooting cab or anything like that, as I don't have the available space and I already own the PSX Point Blank series w/ 2x Guncon so I'm good to go for these games.

Anyway, feel free to reach out if you want this and we can work something out.
Sent a PM by the way :)

Back