What's new
Want To Buy
for me, i want to make a mini taito station to go alongside my mini sega akihabara. id like to play my taito games on a taito cab. all the taito cabs im aware of r super duper rare and the rotation mech will let me kill 2 birds with 1 stone so ill have a tate and yoko crt setup without having to buy 2 taito cabs. its ezpz to rotate a monitor in a nac, thats a 1 man job for me. i got 2 blasts and 2 nacs on my bigger wall, and once i get 1 more vewlix ill have 2 vewlixes and the e2 on the other side. id eventually like a capcom impress and/or a q 25 for my capcom games and an irem madonna for my irem games. idgaf about clout. i just wanna enjoy my shit the way i want to.
It's your money; spend it the way you want because you earned it. I personally wouldn't worry about trying to impress anyone or worrying about people simply thinking that you are just trying to impress people.

I play my games on a very small supergun setup that everyone can see in my pics. I live in the Tokyo/Yokohama area and don't see the point in throwing down on a cab while the game centers still exist. Half the magic (for me) is the environment itself and playing using money that I'll never get back, forcing me to become better at the game. I know I'm privileged to even have this option available and that most people will likely not have an opportunity to live here long-term. Therefore, for everyone else, I think they should just buy whatever equipment makes them happy and not worry about what anyone else thinks. What matters most is if you actually use it.

Half the magic (for me) is the environment itself and playing using money that I'll never get back, forcing me to become better at the game.
Absolutely. I was happy with a supergun until I started going to Japan and playing there. Owning cabs to me is trying to recreate that experience for myself and others, but it's only an approximation. If I was there full time, I really would not see a need for a personal cab (let alone multiple) either. I can't really hate on @imbord3rlin3 's reasoning of trying to recreate Taito HEY or whatever because I definitely get it. Just don't start going to the smaller out of the way places (particularly around Osaka/Kansai) because you'll end up wanting a bunch of hard to find old metal cabs and tables, and start smoking cigarettes indoors

Man this thread is so off topic lol. OP already requested to close this thread and here we are.
You've been here long enough to know threads don't get closed on AP unless you do something REALLY dumb!

I dunno why other people are here, but I'm here to talk shop and hang out, learn a thing or two, help with something where I can. Buying and selling is honestly not a primary motivation for me. My interactions aren't transactional in nature.

Who cares how the thread got started, we all knew to come here to chat about this issue. And it's not like this same conversation isn't happening privately in Discords etc. I saw KC's $3k NAC ad posted in 3 different servers. Everyone knows wtf is actually going on.

Some people want to say "you can pay whatever you want, it's a free country" like that's just the end of it. And sure, of course you can. But freedom has never meant freedom from consequences. Air it out, it's healthy.

I just find it hilarious that it’s on this thread lol. I’m obviously still here too.

Keep thinking this is the day OP is really trying to buy one again.

Keep thinking this is the day OP is really trying to buy one again.
screen-burn-6k.jpg

It seems like all of the newbie's want NOS, no burn in cabs for $700 shipped. Ain't gonna happen.

People seem to forget that these cabs were left on in arcades all day, everyday for many many years. CRT's by nature get burn in.

As far as prices for cabs, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. People work hard for their money, let them spend it however they want.

Cab seller doesn't mind high prices, film at eleven

e: my Aero and U4-25 from the late 80s/early 90s respectively have zero burn. 6 figure coin meter counts

My sub-$1000 NAC from KC of all people has only the faintest hint of burn of a fighter health bar which is only apparent on pure white screens

Noticeable burn should lower the price of a cab. The tube is one of the hardest parts to obtain replacements for.

Last edited:
Back