What's new
Want To Buy

9914ken

Student
Reaction score
Hey all, in search of my first candy cab. It’s quite interesting how difficult it is to get one of these units. Hopefully, when things get to be somewhat a ok and safer, we’ll see more out there.

ken n

KC always has blast cities. You can ask about astro and his other candy inventory. be prepared to clean and rehab them, he just gets them wholesale and passes them along. also read up on what it's like to work with him so you know how it goes. language barrier, shipping costs, cab condition, etc. otherwise yeah you'll be waiting a while for a collector cab.

K C Game sale

I bought 2 Astro City cabs from KC yesterday. Although we took a day trip to SoCal to pick them up and transported them back home in my Tacoma. I live in AZ so for me it's pretty convenient to drive 5 hours and he's great to work with in person even with the language barrier.

I'm not really sure how he goes about with shipping since I never went down that route with him. I will say it's always best to shoot him a text than to message him on here. He's a pretty busy guy. His number was posted on the thread @ekorz mentioned a few times.

But yea, he has Blasts, Astros, Nets, etc. He has another container coming up that will have quite a few Blasts and Astros and I'd say it's best to get a hold of him right when he receives the shipment. And yes, be prepared to do some restoring, but in my opinion that's the most enjoyable part. :)

Thanks all. I dont mind working on cabs, it can be fun and frustrating, but the pay off when done feels great.

I have the monitor part covered, I have someone local who can cover that for me. I can do the convergence, and degauss etc, pretty easy.

Ill reach out, hopefully I can get something reasonably priced. Shipping is the bear but part of the show.

Shipping is the bear but part of the show.
When I bought from KC shipping three cabs was not much more than shipping one cab. Just food for thought!

@ekorz prices have gone up since the last time you bought from him though. It was $1,100 for each cab. Just a heads up because demand is high and quantity of candy cabs are starting to get limited in Japan.

@ekorz prices have gone up since the last time you bought from him though
My comment was in reference to just the shipping cost, which I don't think has increased. If you buy multiple cabs, you are still just paying for one truck and crew.

I just bought 2 blasts from him last week and he charged me $800 for shipping.
My comment was in reference to just the shipping cost, which I don't think has increased. If you buy multiple cabs, you are still just paying for one truck and crew.

damn $400 each?
Yup, plus some other random $100 fee.

damn $400 each?
It's not a linear multiplier, like i've been saying. I got 3 cabs shipped to the east coast for basically what he paid for 2 to ABQ. Shipping just one cab would probably have been like $750 just by itself. Same truck same crew same distance, so those costs are fixed (and not cheap!) no matter how full the truck is.

damn $400 each?
It's not a linear multiplier, like i've been saying. I got 3 cabs shipped to the east coast for basically what he paid for 2 to ABQ. Shipping just one cab would probably have been like $750 just by itself. Same truck same crew same distance, so those costs are fixed (and not cheap!) no matter how full the truck is.
Yup just got a cab from the west coast recently and that was about the cost of shipping. Which is normal freight cost really, I order pallets of items from the west and its about the same price.

When I bought my candies from him he tried to tell me like $800-900 for shipping and I told him to get me another shipping estimate since the shipping price should not be that high on two cabinets that are so small and light. He came back a little while later with another shipping estimate and it was down to ~$550 like it was supposed to be to Arkansas.

I guess I should have pressed a little more. I'm only 2 states over.

For a Blast City he quoted me $500 and change, STI from So Cal to Colorado. I paid $400.00 for a Neo-Geo MVS Ventura CA to CO: bigger cabinet. I dont mind paying the actual freight cost, not padded.

There is some really great info in this thread. Definitely gonna make note of it and come back to it later since I’ll be looking for some Sega cabs soon. Thanks guys.

Hello guys question nobody here know a good place to buy or search info in where I can find an Astro city cab around Midwest I’ll appreciate some info

Back