What's new
Item has been found
A

Apocalypse

In order to reverse it and release gerbers freely here.

Used for trackball games on S16, S18 and S32.

S16/S18, ref. 834-6180:

1609943588036.png

There's a specific S32 version with a different layout, ref. 837-8685:

1609943764423.png

Don't think about a lease, all parts will be stripped from the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up

Is it really that rare?
If so that's one more good reason to clone it!

I hunted for ages to find one, I only ever it see it as part of a game that uses it and then sometimes those games are missing this board :(

I ended up buying a repo board that someone else made which honestly looks/fits like junk (screw holes don't even line up and the connector is poor so it's constantly falling off).

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Honestly given what I've seen these things selling for, that's not a terrible price, even with P1 not working.

Honestly given what I've seen these things selling for, that's not a terrible price, even with P1 not working.
Wut???
I passed on it thinking "WTF"!
60+18GBP are $110. Not long ago you could buy a complete S16B (Tetris) , S18 (Bloxeed) or S32 (Super Visual Football) game for that price!

I've seen "untested" trackball boards sell in the $200+ range. At $110 even if you had to replace every component on it you'd still come out cheaper.

the cheapest way to find them is to look for a "Where's Wally" PCB that someone hasn't stolen the board off of yet. Amazingly these seem to sell higher when they're NOT attached to a mobo by people trying to complete their Sega Sonic conversion.

Trackball wiring Sega's 834-6180-01 I/O

I wanted to add to this thread including the trackball pinouts for the Sega 834-6180. I recently decided to make a Sega Sonic The Hedgehog arcade game and had some fun looking on the net for the pins so I decided to make up some pictures here that will hopefully help out others a lot quicker.

You can use a standard Happ trackball or GoldenTee Golf cabinet for this game as well, just plug and play. If you use a GoldenTee 99, or 2K, or World Class Bowling cab, you can remove one of the connectors from the pcb (the one that isn't being used for P1 or P2) and solder the wires like the diagram below to connect up your Sega System 32 PCB. In the Golden Tee / WCB cabs, The "Turn Left" button will be "Jump" for Sonic.

Nevertheless, here are the pictures below. Hope they will be of some use if you are planning on wiring up some controls. (I'm sure they will work for Sega's other trackball games as well) :thumbup:

Attachments

• Wiring for sega sonic the hedgehog arcade.jpg
    Wiring for sega sonic the hedgehog arcade.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG20220609131619.jpg
    IMG20220609131619.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 97
Hi,

Does anybody have the gerbers for the replacement trackball PCB, please?

Thanks, Justin

I recently acquired a SegaSonic board but don't have this part. Echoing the above. Does anyone have the gerbers or is willing to sell me a produced board?

Back