What's new
Want To Buy

ATAndTruong

Student
Reaction score
I’ve been searching around for a Vewlix Diamond Black and it looks like I was very late to the station (as I’ve only seen threads regarding Diamond Blacks being sold back as far back as a couple months - several years ago.

Checked with KC, and he seems to have everything but Diamond Blacks in stock. Doesn’t have to be new / immaculate, just has to be a Diamond Black. For additional context, I’m in the Dallas, TX area. Thanks!

Just a quick question; What is it exactly you are looking for in the Daimond Black? If it's only the better screen, it might be an idea to get a regular L or C and change the screen up? Will probably end up costing the same in the end, but you'd get a more modern screen. That's what I am trying to do at least, with the L I just got :)

Just a quick question; What is it exactly you are looking for in the Daimond Black? If it's only the better screen, it might be an idea to get a regular L or C and change the screen up? Will probably end up costing the same in the end, but you'd get a more modern screen. That's what I am trying to do at least, with the L I just got :)
Mainly the color scheme of the whole thing. It appeals to me the most out of the entire series. Comes off as ridiculous, I know, but after getting the itch and seeing a YouTube video of one guy’s unboxing video of it, I swear I’ve been digging through sites / messaging people in the hopes that someone has one for sale for the last two months.

Ideally I’d like to stick a TTX3 or a PC in there. I’ve seen a lot of threads that recommend that LG 32” 1440p monitor on here / the Vewlix FB group, so like you, I’ll be doing the same thing.

Mainly the color scheme of the whole thing. It appeals to me the most out of the entire series. Comes off as ridiculous, I know, but after getting the itch and seeing a YouTube video of one guy’s unboxing video of it, I swear I’ve been digging through sites / messaging people in the hopes that someone has one for sale for the last two months.

Ideally I’d like to stick a TTX3 or a PC in there. I’ve seen a lot of threads that recommend that LG 32” 1440p monitor on here / the Vewlix FB group, so like you, I’ll be doing the same thing.
Then don't let me tell you about the new Daimond Orange :D

But honestly you don't have to justify wanting the color scheme, that is as good a reason as anything. I would be sad hearing that the black screen gets replaced though.

Then don't let me tell you about the new Daimond Orange :D

But honestly you don't have to justify wanting the color scheme, that is as good a reason as anything. I would be sad hearing that the black screen gets replaced though.
Oh yeah, my local Round 1 (Grapevine location) has the Diamond Oranges with the Street Fighter V kit and everything, but the Diamond Black has my heart.

Thanks for the validation. I’ve polled some family members and they’ve offered some alternatives that I presented, but after thinking about it, it wouldn’t be the same if I painted over / replaced the art of another Vewlix to make it look like a Diamond Black.

I’d imagine some would see it as a damn shame, too, haha.

Once you go black, you never look back…joking aside, the black is a beautiful cab but when you compare the cost and actually playing games on the cab and resale, the L is or used to be a better choice.. I would recommend an L white with out the monitor and replace the monitor. Your wallet will tank you and you will enjoy.. once you have that, you can keep an eye for a black, eventually someone will get board and pass it on. We all get bored eventually😁

Once you go black, you never look back…joking aside, the black is a beautiful cab but when you compare the cost and actually playing games on the cab and resale, the L is or used to be a better choice.. I would recommend an L white with out the monitor and replace the monitor. Your wallet will tank you and you will enjoy.. once you have that, you can keep an eye for a black, eventually someone will get board and pass it on. We all get bored eventually😁
Ah yeah, from what I've seen (based on the limited number of posts from individual people selling their Diamond Blacks), I can expect to pay around $3-4k per Black, compared to like $1200 for the L (I was considering the AMI). My wallet will definitely take a hit, sure, but I think at the end of the day, it comes down to what I'm happy with seeing and using. Here's hoping someone with a Diamond Black for sale sees my post!

I will never get tired of my Vewlix DB 😁.

But i feel where @ATAndTruong is coming from, when i first wanted the vewlix i had my heart set on the DB Vewlix and there was no changing my mind… i got extremely lucky when that sale came along with all the new DB ones the cereth got and for a really good price. Now i got the DB and the FC which are my 2 absolute favorite.

@ATAndTruong i hope you find one man.

Attachments

• 9E3B16D6-C3D7-4EF7-B210-C754D90A3438.jpeg
    9E3B16D6-C3D7-4EF7-B210-C754D90A3438.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 528
"I want this one because I like the color" is why I have my Blue Diamonds if I'm honest, get what looks right. Let's be honest, LCD cabs are more than a little about aesthetics, not practicality.

I will never get tired of my Vewlix DB 😁.

But i feel where @ATAndTruong is coming from, when i first wanted the vewlix i had my heart set on the DB Vewlix and there was no changing my mind… i got extremely lucky when that sale came along with all the new DB ones the cereth got and for a really good price. Now i got the DB and the FC which are my 2 absolute favorite.

@ATAndTruong i hope you find one man.
Rub it in, why don't you? Hahaha, but seriously, man, that is a beautiful piece of hardware! I seriously have a folder of Diamond Blacks that I just look at from time to time, and you gave me another to daydream about.

I know a lot of people can relate to my position since specific colors draw in different people. I was talking about my search just last night and when I showed them the Diamond Black, the Diamond Blue, and the L AMI, most people said the Black was the best, with just two people picking the Blue, and no one picking the L AMI.

In regards to pricing, I was doing some searching around, and barring the stock that KC sold (I believe it was $2250 each during that group buy), what's a reasonable price for a Diamond Black that's used? I've spoken to Chris from Hadouken Arcade and he was saying $4500 brand new, and I've seen exactly one other thread where a guy sold his like-new cabinet for $3950. I want to know what I'm in for.

In the meantime, here's hoping someone (surprisingly) gets tired of their Diamond Black and puts it up for sale.

"I want this one because I like the color" is why I have my Blue Diamonds if I'm honest, get what looks right. Let's be honest, LCD cabs are more than a little about aesthetics, not practicality.
Thanks for the validation! I was wondering if I was a bit crazy, since a family member was saying I could just paint over / marquee replacement / CP art replacement / side art replacement, but at that point, would it really be a Diamond Black?

Sorry i was not trying to rub it in 😔. And you can do w.e you want but my personal opinion i would not take a real vewlix and paint it another color, i would just go For what you want. If you have space and money you can get the cheapest real vewlix you can find for now so you can get that vewlix gas off your chest lol..

Also to keep in mind the Dimond vewlix are a hybrid you can say of the vewlix because the control panel move strip and the marquee dont light up like the L AMI and the FC.

LOL, just a joke. And yeah, I'd feel guilty painting over a Vewlix in another color.

And thanks for the heads-up! If it came to it, I would probably stick LED strips in those places as a work-around.

LOL, just a joke. And yeah, I'd feel guilty painting over a Vewlix in another color.

And thanks for the heads-up! If it came to it, I would probably stick LED strips in those places as a work-around.
Yea a few people have done that, i hope you find one man, and if i hear anything ill be sure to PM you about it.

“ I seriously have a folder of Diamond Blacks that I just look at from time to time, and you gave me another to daydream about.”

Attachments

• 574E6E89-7055-4339-94A5-6D24C045F506.png
    574E6E89-7055-4339-94A5-6D24C045F506.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 54
It's not a problem! I can stop whenever I want, I swear! :D

Am in your neck of the woods, and am a proud L-Ami and FC owner.

The Diamond Blue was my initial "must have/no money" LCD cab. Then I picked up a cheap Noir (which is sold), and then the L-Ami, and the FC fell in my lap.

After dealing with these, and a very nice Diamond Blue Chewlix, that I also sold.....my honest opinion would be to get the cleanest cab you can find, be prepared to make the QoL upgrades to it, and be happy to play on an original....no matter what color/version that may be.

If I ever get a third cab, the Diamond Blue would be nice, but another FC or L-Ami would work just fine, as long as I can find a Hadoken bracket, and hopefully an Arthrimus board.

Wanting/looking for the perfect cabinet for however long
OR
Having an slightly imperfect cab you can play within a month from now

It's an easy choice in my book.....but I've been lucky enough to have a TON of arcades through my hands, so that view may have a large dose of "grizzled veteran" bias to it.

Back